Friday Focus - Student a.m. drop off
As the first official week of fall is upon us, and the weather turns colder, we always see an increase in families dropping off their student at school. If you drop off your student at school, please help the morning back-up by remembering the following:
- When coming towards the school from the stadium stop sign, please pull along the front of the theater ALL THE WAY towards the auto shop. That door #43 is also unlocked at the beginning of the day. This will help tremendously with the back-up at the Dundee stoplight.
Blue Late Start – 8:30am
Orange Late Start – 9:30am
Columbus Day – NO SCHOOL
End of First Quarter
Institute Day - NO SCHOOL
Non-Attendance Day - NO SCHOOL
Thanksgiving - NO SCHOOL
Non-Attendance Day - NO SCHOOL
Celebrating Our Success!
Congratulations to the members of the 2015 Homecoming Court!
Brendan Altieri, Spencer Bierman, Sam Fernandez, Blake Maley, Ben Moran, Victoria Appelt, Maddy Baboian, Sarah Clarke, Sarah Gardner, and Miranda Greene
The Daily Herald, September 19, 2015
Senior Drew Brauner was on target again as Buffalo Grove's boys soccer team secured its fifth consecutive win by defeating visiting Mundelein 1-0 at Grant Blaney Stadium on Saturday afternoon. Read story
BG Sophomore Already Working Way To College
Journal & Topics, September 10, 2015
It’s not every day that a 10th grader is accepted to college before finishing high school. But for one Arlington Heights sophomore at Buffalo Grove High School, that’s exactly the case. Read story
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
8:00am - Diving
11:30am - Swimming
Girls Varsity Swimming & Diving Invitational
Girls Varsity Tennis vs. Prospect
Girls Varsity Volleyball vs. Elk Grove
Girls Varsity Swimming & Diving vs. Elk Grove
Girls Varsity Volleyball vs. Prospect
Boys Varsity Soccer vs. Prospect
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Buffalo Grove's Kevin Salvano strikes a balance
Chicago Tribune, September 22, 2015
Kevin Salvano is training with a blended approach this fall. The calendar reads September, but the Buffalo Grove senior cross country runner has designs on November and the Class 3A state meet. Read story
Air Force Staff Sgt. Steven R. Witt was named as a member of the best Combat Camera Team in the Department of Defense at the third annual Spc. Hilda I. Clayton Best Combat Camera Competition Read story
The Daily Herald, September 18, 2015
District 214 will offer an lecture and discussion program, "What Every Parent Needs To Know," this fall, designed to help parents navigate and respond appropriately to their children's growth and development. Read story
2. What department do you teach in/ what courses do you teach? Social Science. I currently teach A.P. World History and Regular World History.
3. How long have you been teaching at BGHS? 18 years
4. Where did you go to high school? Buffalo Grove High School (Class of '91) Go Bison!
5. What part of teaching do you find the most rewarding? I absolutely love working with kids. For me, seeing how much kids mature and grow academically in just one school year is rewarding. I'm fortunate to work with such great kids.
6. What is something unique about you? 1. After taking Ballroom Dancing I, I willingly enrolled in Ballroom Dancing II. 2. I love to explore new countries. A few years ago the Chinese government actually paid me to travel around China for 17 days!
7. What activities or clubs do you coach / sponsor? I've coached girls tennis for my entire career.