Friday Focus - District 214 BattleBots Competition!
This coming week, on Friday, Feb. 5th and Saturday, Feb. 6th at Rolling Meadow High School, District 214 will be hosting its Annual BattleBots competition!
This is a great event for our robotics club students at BGHS to show off their designs in a winner takes all format! There are over 100 battles, and it is entirely student led and controlled. Hope you are able to make it out this year, and might even consider this club in the years to come.
Final Exams, First Semester Ends on January 22
Institute Day - NO SCHOOL
FAFSA Completion Night at Wheeling High School 6:30-9:00 PM
Late Start Blue Thursday - 8:30AM
Class of 2017 College Planning Night Program at BGHS 7:00-9:00 PM
AP Exam Registration Begins (open through March 1, 2016)
Presidents’ Day - NO SCHOOL
Late Start Blue Thursday - 8:30AM
Spring Break Begins at Close of Classes, 1:50pm Dismissal
First Day of Classes after Spring Break
Celebrating Our Success!
Congratulations to JV Girls Bowling for coming in first at the invite on Tuesday. The girls are looking forward to conference!
Congratulations to sophomores Matthew Hart and Matthew D’Ugo for placing 3rd and 4th at the JV Wrestling Conference on Saturday.
Congratulations to Jacob Hackl, heading to IMEA All State Festival Honors Choir!
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Boys Varsity Swimming & Diving vs. Hersey
Girls Varsity Basketball vs. Rolling Meadows
Boys Varsity Basketball vs. Maine West
Girls Varsity Basketball vs. Wheeling
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Buffalo Grove savors big finish in MSL East finale vs. Hersey
The Daily Herald, January 23, 2016
Buffalo Grove ended its regular season on a high note with a resounding 48-22 win over shorthanded Hersey on Friday night in the final Mid-Suburban East wrestling dual for both clubs.
Buffalo Grove's Stejskal earns Daily Herald MVP honors
The Daily Herald, January 21, 2016
Buffalo Grove senior guard Sammy Stejskal has earned Daily Herald MVP honors for her recent girls basketball performances.
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
1. What is your name? Binh Huynh
2. What department have you/do you work in? I teach in the Math/Science Department. This year, I'm teaching Advanced Placement Calculus AB, Accelerated Honors Pre-Calculus, and Accelerated Honors Geometry.
3. How long have you been working at BGHS? This is my 17th year at BGHS!
4. Where did you go to high school? I'm a graduate of the Knights of Prospect High School.
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? The most rewarding part of teaching is building the relationship with students and working with them to help them be better students, problem solvers, and individuals. While teaching math, I have the opportunity to challenge students to see them grow in their own independent learning and through their hard work.
6. What is something unique about you? I am a first-generation Asian-American, having immigrated from Vietnam when I was 5 years old. In my free time, I enjoy working out and continue to practice on becoming a yoginist...hot yoga! Namaste...
7. What activities or clubs to do you coach/sponsor? I no longer coach after having been a Math Team coach during my first 15 years, and the boys track sprint coach for six years (for both BG and Prospect). But I am always working the clock for the boys and girls basketball games, and enjoy supporting the Bisons at the various sports, activities, and performances.