Friday Focus - Homecoming Court is announced!
Congratulations to our homecoming court of: Grace Gran, Nicole Gerovoy, Courtney Lee, Brittany Lee, Kiarra Akiyoshi, Christopher Tsourmas, Jack Pontarelli, Thomas Kelly, Jake Kloes, and Daniel Ferriss.
A special congrats to our 2016 Homecoming Queen, Grace Gran and King Daniel Ferriss. Fight on to victory with soccer tonight at 4:30pm and football at 7:30pm. Hope you come out to cheer on the Bison!
Homecoming Dance 8:00-11:00pm
NON-ATTENDANCE DAY - Building Closed
Orange Late Start - 9:30am
COLUMBUS DAY - Building Closed
NON-ATTENDANCE DAY - Building Closed
Board of Education Workshop 6:30pm at BGHS
Celebrating Our Success!
Congratulations to Chandler Ury for winning gold at the Junior Pan American Karate Championships in Ecuador!
Chandler has earned a spot on the USA Jr Karate Team for the last 4 years through competition placement at the National Karate Championships. This year was particularly rewarding, as she won gold in kumite in her weight division at the Junior Pan American Karate Championships in Ecuador. The US sent 84 athletes from across the United States. The USA 2016 Junior National Karate Team won first place overall with 10 GOLD medals, which hasn't happened since 2007. She has participated in karate since age 5 and has earned her 2nd degree black belt and continues to train, volunteer, and work as an assistant sempai.
We celebrate our very own entrepreneurship teacher, Karen Roberts, for earning INCubatoredu “Leader” certification! Karen participated in professional development for two years, completed one year of teaching the INCubatoredu program, and has shared her program experiences with other educators during professional development. Congratulations Karen Roberts!
Congratulations to Michael Grabner and Tyler Lubbat for taking first place at the Diamond Lake bass fishing tournament with 5 fish totalling a whopping 20.15 lbs!
Congratulations to sophomore Diver Patrycja Sobolak for placing 4th at the Centennial Invite in Champaign!
Congratulations to our Girls Golf team on being MSL East Division Champions for the 2nd year in a row!
Congratulations to our Boys and Girls Cross Country Seniors!
Congratulations to the Seniors winning the Bison Olympics!
Back Those Bison -
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
September 30 Homecoming
Boys Soccer vs. Hersey
Varsity Football vs. Hersey
Boys Soccer vs. Elk Grove
Girls Volleyball vs. Elk Grove
Multicultural Show in BGHS Theater
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
About 55 percent of high schoolers continue in Harper tuition program
The Daily Herald, September 22, 2016
Just more than half the 4,625 high school freshmen who entered a program to earn free tuition at Harper College met the first year's requirements to continue in the program as sophomores. Most of the 45 percent who didn't make the cut to continue didn't complete the five hours of community service the program required…. Buffalo Grove High School sophomore Grace Gayhart said volunteering was a breeze. Read Story
Buffalo Grove girls tennis turns tough tasks into conference crowns
Chicago Tribune, September 28, 2016
Buffalo Grove's recipe has rarely changed over the past 11 years. The Bison girls tennis team stacks the front end of its schedule intentionally with the knowledge and acceptance that a blowout or two might occur. The Bison might be outclassed or overmatched, but when it really matters later in the season, these experiences are recalled and put to good use. Read Story
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
- What is your name? Steve Nolte
2. What department have you/ do you work in? PE and Health
3. How long have you been working at BG? This is my first year coaching at Buffalo Grove, but my fourth year working in the district.
4. Where did you go to high school?
I went to Elk Grove High School (class of 2007).
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? I love connecting with the students. It is rewarding to watch a students that I have developed a positive rapport with grow and succeed (especially those who have struggled in the past).
6. What is something unique about you? I have spent time at 4 of the 6 schools in our district. I believe this has helped me to not only network across the district but also see what great things each building has to offer. We have so many great people who work in the district and I am grateful to know so many of them.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? I am currently not involved in any clubs or activities at BG but coach Football, Gymnastics, and Baseball at Hersey. As well as help coordinate and coach their Special Olympic events.