Art students Caitlyn Conroy, Marta Bonderenko, Anabel Jones, and Nikki Nassis just completed painting the mural of the newly unveiled BGHS crest in the main foyer, just outside the Main Office. Their outstanding work will be enjoyed for many years to come.
The Bison Impact:
- Congratulations to the Bison Girls’ Swim and Dive Team on taking 2nd overall at sectionals! Every single swim was either a season best, lifetime best, school record, or state qualifier!
- Congratulations to Divers Vivian Wilson and Gillian Karsten on qualifying for State. Vivian goes back for her third consecutive appearance and Gillian Karsten is going back-to-back!
- Congratulations 200 medley Swimmers Emilia Jedryka, Jillian Dombroski, Reese Frighetto and Gabriela Surdyka who finished in a time of 1:47.78 - a new school record - to advance to State!
- Congratulations to the 200 free relay team of Emilia Jedryka, Gabriela Surdyka, Stefanie Surdyka and Reese Frighetto who finished in 1:37.31, setting a new school record and qualifying for State!
- Congratulations to Stefanie Surdyka and Reese Frighetto on qualifying for state in the 50 Free! Stefanie with a time of 24.33, and Reese Frighetto with a time of 24.29!
- Congratulations to Stefanie Surdyka on qualifying for State in the 100 Freestyle with a 4th place finish and a time of 52.84!
- Congratulations to Swimmer Gabriela Surdyka with a 3rd place finish in the 200IM and a lifetime best time of 2:14.32 at Sectionals!
- The BGHS Chamber Orchestra enjoyed offering a performance for community members at the Prospect Heights Library last weekend. Thanks to all of those who came out to listen. Music brings so many together!
- Congrats to the cast and crew of The Heidi Chronicles on their outstanding performances of the winter play last weekend!
- Congratulations to our 48 DECA medal winners at last week’s District 214 DECA competition!
- BG Speech Team competitors, who have been putting in the long hours, had a great day at the Prospect Speechapalooza!
- Our extremely talented students brought down the house at the Choral Extravaganza performance of music from The Greatest Showman on Tuesday.
CLICK HERE to sign up for Holiday Shopping Babysitting on December 8. Please sign up by November 29.
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
The Daily Herald, November 16, 2019
Buffalo Grove will send its 200 medley relay team and its 200 free relay team to New Trier for state next weekend after both teams finished second on Saturday. The Bison's 200 medley team of Emilia Jedryka, Jillian Dombroski, Reese Frighetto and Gabriela Surdyka finished in a time of 1:47.78 to advance, while the 200 free relay quartet of Jedryka, Gabriela Surdyka, Stefanie Surdyka and Frighetto finished in 1:37.31. Other advancers for BG included Frighetto and Stefanie Surdyka in the 50 free, Vivian Wilson and Gillian Karsten in diving and Stefanie Surdyka in the 100 free. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the Second Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for The oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
1. What is your name? Robin Christie
2. What department do you work in/how long have you been working at BG? I work in the Student Services department in the AC. The Assessment Center is the place where we organize and implement all the large standardized tests that BGHS provides. Everyday we help students work toward College and Career Readiness.
3. How long have you been working at BG? This is my 7th year at BGHS.
4. Where did you go to high school? I am a proud graduate of Elk Grove High School. I wear Blue and Orange now though!
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? I believe we work toward inclusivity everyday. BGHS is diverse, and we work hard to accept and include everyone into our community and its support systems. Sharing kindness, resources, and the occasional giggle are all things that make my day complete.
6. What is something unique about you? I love 1970's movie musicals
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/sponsor? What activities at BG do you follow? I root for everyone!