This week our talented BGHS choirs and alumni presented their Choral Extravaganza "Frozen Concert ~ VIRTUAL EDITION". The performance featured solos, duets, virtual choirs, and a special performance by many of our amazing BG Choir Alumni. You can watch the BGHS Frozen In Concert Choral Extravaganza HERE through today.
The Bison Impact:
Congratulations to our DECA individual event competitors who competed at District and placed 1st place overall Christine Yuan, Entrepreneurship; Anjali Subash, Retail Merchandising; Anusha Patel, Human Resource Management.
Congratulations to our DECA individual event competitors who competed at District and placed 2nd place overall: Eli Shereshovech, Business Finance Services.
Congratulations to our DECA individual event competitors who competed at District and placed 3rd place overall: Veronika Manukian, Business Services; Milly Amesquita, Restaurant and Food Service Management; Lauren O’Doherty, Hotel and Lodging Management.
Congratulations to our DECA Team Event competitors who competed at District and placed 1st place overall: Matthew Allaire and Lola Geraghty, Travel & Tourism Team; Bella Larkowski and Andi Yeverino, Marketing Management Team; Peter Baker and Dan Feder, Financial Services Team.
Congratulations to our DECA principles event competitors who competed at District: Faith Thomas, Principles of Marketing (2nd place); Justin Brosnahan, Principles of Business Management and Administration (2nd place); Alexandra Oteana, Principles of Management and Administration (3rd place).
Attention Seniors and Parents!
Virtual College Visits for Seniors
The District 214 Post-Secondary Counselors are offering virtual college representative visits for seniors. The representatives available next week are listed on the schedule below. Students check your email, or please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org in the College & Career Center for the Zoom links if you are interested in attending any of these sessions.
1.What is your name? Matthew Livas
2. What department do you teach in/ How long have you been teaching at BG? I teach in the Social Sciences department and this is year number 9 for me here at BGHS
3. Where did you go to high school? Vernon Hills High School
4. What part of teaching do you find the most rewarding? The time I get to actually spend in open conversation with my students and being able to share in the moments of realization they have when discovering something new about the world around them or themselves.
5. What new thing have you learned this year teaching remotely? That maintaining a work/life balance while working from home is really difficult and the realization of how little I'm actually home during a typical school year.
6. What are you currently reading, and/ or do you have a favorite author or podcast? I wouldn't say that I have a favorite author or podcast and I am currently re-reading one of my all-time favorite books; The Count of Monte Cristo
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? I currently coach the sophomore girls volleyball team and am the assistant coach of the newly formed girls lacrosse program.
8. What is something unique about you? I have been skydiving multiple times and love other adrenaline sports like rock-climbing as well!
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
Looking for More?
Click Here for the New Block Schedule
Click Here for the Blue & Orange Day Calendar
Click Here for the D214 School Calendars
Click Here for the 2nd Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for the oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
Click Here for the BGPA Bison Spiritwear online store