Friday Focus - Distinguished Service Award Winner Mike Schiestal
Every year Buffalo Grove High School honors a community member for their incredible service to the school. This year’s Distinguished Service Award winner is Mike Schiestal. Mike is an alum, and serves as a mentor, a coach, and a board member for Buffalo Grove High School's Entrepreneurship class. He has been instrumental to the success of several high school start-up business, most notably Hoodie Hoop and Skunk Aid. Thank you Mike and family for your dedication and service to Buffalo Grove High School!
Today we welcome over 80 siblings to BGHS for Sibling Day! Students will go on tours, spend time with their siblings in classes, and have lunch. Looking forward to getting to know the entire class of 2021!
Presidents Day - NO SCHOOL
D214 Parent Night “Depression & The Adolescent Brain” 7pm at Hersey
Blue Late Start - 8:30am
District Honors Music Festival 7:30pm at Rolling Meadows High School
Orange Late Start - 9:30am
Early Dismissal - 1:50pm
Last Day of 3rd Quarter
Teacher Inservice Day (students not in attendance)
First Day of 4th Quarter (classes resume after Spring Break)
Depression & The Adolescent Brain: Signs, Symptoms and Supports
February 22, 2017, 7:00pm at John Hersey High School
John Hersey High School is sponsoring a parent night entitled, “Depression & The Adolescent Brain: Signs, Symptoms and Supports.” The presentation will include a keynote speaker from Insight Behavioral Health Centers. Topics will include adolescent brain development, recognizing the signs and symptoms of depression, how to support your teen and resources for parents. The presentation begins at 7 p.m. and will take place in Hersey's cafeteria. Staff and parents of District 214 and its sender schools are welcome to attend this event. Questions can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s New in the BGenius Collaboratory?
Click here to read the latest BGenius Collaboratory blog post.
Bison Boosters Las Vegas Night
The Bison Boosters are hosting their annual Las Vegas Night to be held on Saturday, February 25, 2017 at Ditka's, 2000 West Euclid Avenue, Arlington Heights at 7:00pm. Last year's event was a near sell out so get your tickets today at www.seatyourself.biz/buffalogrove and help support the 28 athletic programs of Buffalo Grove High School. Click here for the Booster Invite 2017
Celebrating Our Success!
- Congratulations to Swimmers Dan Verdico, Kevin Carr, Mark Poirier and Andy Gontko on their 6th place finish in the 400 Free Relay at the MSL Conference!
- Congratulations to Divers Jack Delattre on 2nd Place and Matthew Misch on 7th place finishes at the MSL Conference!
- Congratulations to our Boys Basketball Seniors celebrating Senior Night!
- Congratulations to our Co-ed Cheerleaders celebrating Senior Night!
- Congratulations to Georgette Topalis for winning the Chicago Tribune/Country Financial Athlete of the Month!
- Good luck to Varsity Bowler Jessica Soskich as she competes at State this weekend!
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Girls Track & Field vs. Mundelein
Boys Basketball vs. Conant
Boys Track & Field vs. Conant, Deerfield, and Round Lake
Winter Choral & Orchestra Concert
Concert Band Festival
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Teresa Riles a steady force for young Buffalo Grove gymnastics team
Chicago Tribune, February 3, 2017
Teresa Riles' gymnastics experience helped Buffalo Grove all season, but her leadership is especially pertinent in the postseason. Riles, a senior, made her high school gymnastics debut last season after two years of club competition at the Buffalo Grove Gymnastics Center. The stark difference between the two — club gymnasts might compete three or four times all season, while varsity gymnasts compete up to twice per week — can be jarring initially. Read Story
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
2. What department have you/ do you work in? I work in the Special Education department.
3. How long have you been working at BG? I've been at BG for 20 years.
4. Where did you go to high school? I went to Harold L Richards high school in Oak Lawn.
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? Helping students succeed in their studies and in athletics.
6. What is something unique about you? I have been a nationally recognized athlete for multiple sports during my lifetime.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? I have been the Girls bowling coach for 18 years and I'm also an assistant softball coach.
8. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? Twitter makes it easy to follow all the sports/clubs here at BG.