This week, the multicultural clubs of BGHS kicked off the holiday season with a multicultural party this week. The event brought the various cultural clubs at BGHS together to celebrate the holiday season. The clubs that attended this year were Multicultural Club, French Club, and LASO. The students brought food, games, and activities from their various cultures for everyone to enjoy.
The Bison Impact:
- Congratulations to the cast and crew of BG’s fall play The Amish Project, selected to perform at the Illinois High School Theater Festival on the campus of ISU in January!
- Congratulations to the entire Freshman Boys Basketball blue team on winning the Grayslake Central Championship against Lakes High School!
- Congratulations to the Freshman Boys Basketball Orange Squad on winning the Palatine Holiday Classic!
- Congratulations to Sophomore Gymnast Leah Oyen on winning floor and tied for 1st in the All-Around Wednesday at Palatine!
- Sophomore Gymnast Anna Lang starts the season off with a 2nd place finish on balance beam at Palatine! Congratulations!
- Shout out to the Jeff Siegal and the Blue Crew for their annual work delivering Meals on Wheels for Thanksgiving to the Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Prospect Heights, and Wheeling areas.
CLICK HERE for tickets to the Winter Celebration
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Buffalo Grove squeaks past Grayslake Central
The Daily Herald, November 25, 2019
Shooters shoot. That's what they do. Even when they're 4-for-14. That was the line for Buffalo Grove sophomore guard Kam Craft through three quarters in the Bison's season opener against Grayslake Central on Monday. "I shot terrible today," said the 6-foot-5 Craft, who averaged more than 20 points per game last year as a freshman. "I've always been a shooter. I don't care how many I miss. I'm going to shoot the next one that's open. That's my mentality." Read Story
Buffalo Grove holds off Grayslake Central
The Daily Herald, November 30, 2019
Playing its final game against Grayslake Central in its own Bison Classic, Buffalo Grove's girls basketball team showed its composure when it counted. Megan Fontanetta's second 3-pointer in the fourth quarter tied the game at 49-49 with under four minutes left. Read Story
Joe Henricksen’s preseason Top 85 Chicago-area high school basketball teams
Chicago Sun Times, November 24, 2019
31. Buffalo Grove Don’t be surprised if this team climbs the rankings. The Bison can shoot the basketball and have a lot of individual talent returning. Nate Cole, a 6-4 senior who averaged 13 points a game last year, provides a veteran presence, while 6-5 sophomore Kam Craft is back after a breakout freshman season where he averaged 20.3 points and 6.4 rebounds a game. When you add point guard Tyler Kipley and shooter Matt Brunelli to the mix, you’re talking arguably the best team in the Mid-Suburban League. Read Story
High school carolers bring holiday spirit to Long Grove
The Daily Herald, November 24, 2019
The Buffalo Grove High School Choir helped bring some early holiday spirit to historic downtown Long Grove on Sunday as the town's Vintage Holidays celebration kicked off this weekend. The young singers performed holiday carols at stores, restaurants and elsewhere around town to help launch the yearly celebration, which this year runs every weekend through Dec. 22. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the Second Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for The oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
2. What department do you teach in/ How long have you been teaching at BG? I teach Spanish in the SS/WL department. This is my 14th year teaching and my 5th year at BG!
3. Where did you go to high school? Streamwood High School
4. What part of teaching do you find the most rewarding? I love working with my students and getting to know them and their interests. I just really love helping my kids and it's the best when a graduate comes back and tells you how they are still using the language in their life!
5. What is something unique about you? My youngest brother is 17, a junior in high school! Also, the best souvenir I ever brought home from Spain was my husband! We met our junior year of college living in Barcelona, but he's from Crystal Lake, Illinois and went to the same college as I did! We just had to travel halfway across the world to meet!
6. What are you currently reading, and/or do you have a favorite author or podcast? I'm currently reading AP Spanish journals and essays, but love all kinds of books. I can't pick just one!
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? I used to coach soccer and cross country but currently I am the Spanish club and Spanish National Honor society sponsor.