Friday Focus: Careers in Health & Natural Resources
Students and their parents are invited to an information-packed lineup of free events this fall focused on career exploration. The third in the series of District 214 Career Nights, Careers in Health & Natural Resources, will be held at Wheeling High School on Thursday, September 26 at 7:00 pm. On-site registration begins at 6:00 p.m. The evening will conclude at 8:30 p.m.
Career Nights provide a glimpse into a variety of careers, allowing students and parents to meet with industry professionals and hear about the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in each field. Career Nights are a great opportunity for District 214 students and their parents to get their questions about careers answered and make connections with professionals while simultaneously learning how the District’s Career Pathways program can help them reach their goals and gain skills to succeed.
CLICK HERE for more information on upcoming Career Nights
The Bison Impact:
- Congratulations to our Model UN members for an impressive performance at Stevenson Model UN Conference! It was a lively opening conference. Congrats to individual award winners Victoria Gauza (Outstanding Delegate) and Holden Wheeler (Honorable Mention)!
- Congratulations to our Class of 2020 Boys Golf team members celebrating Senior Night this week!
Did You Miss Picture Day?
It’s not too late to order photos of your student. Visit mylifetouch.com and use the Picture Day ID code EVTQCHB69. If your student was absent and did not have a photo taken or needs a retake, underclass retakes are scheduled for October 23.
Early Bird Homecoming Tickets On Sale 9/25-9/27
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
CLICK HERE to buy tickets to the Fall Play!
Attention Juniors, Seniors and Parents! Representatives from the following schools will be on campus to meet with students next week. Please pick up a pass from the College and Career Center to meet with a representative.
BGHS in the News
Boys soccer: Buffalo Grove blanks Conant
The Daily Herald, September 13, 2019
It's a measure of the quality of reigning Mid-Suburban League boys soccer champion Buffalo Grove that visiting teams can arrive at Grant Blaney Stadium in full knowledge of where the danger lies, but leave being unable to do anything about it. Read Story
Crossovers with CSL schools benefitting MSL East
The Daily Herald, September 11, 2019
That has helped spur a growth for football in the East. Since those matchups, the East has gained one team in the playoffs in each of the last three years and sent four teams last season."I think that the MSL/CSL crossover games have made a huge difference," Buffalo Grove coach Jeff Vlk said. "Most of the East is built like the CSL on a regular basis. We will get good classes here and there, but the West, partly due to their size in schools, have them more consistent.” Read Story
Max Oberman helps Buffalo Grove run past Highland Park
Chicago Tribune, September 11, 2019
Max Oberman knows how to make something out of nothing, and he did plenty of that Friday with his speed and agility for the Buffalo Grove football team. Oberman carried the ball 21 times, gaining 144 yards and scoring three touchdowns to lead the Bison to their first victory of the year, a 35-7 win against Highland Park in Buffalo Grove.
Week 3 Football Roundup
Journal & Topics, September 17, 2019
Buffalo Grove 35, Highland Park 7: Buffalo Grove (1-2) proved the third time, or game in this instance, was the charm. After starting 0-2, the Bison earned a much needed win to prevent digging themselves in a deep hole. Mark Antonetti (10-for-16 passing, 121 yards, 2 TD) kept hitting Ayden Anderson (7 catches, 111 yards, 2 TD) over and over and the duo couldn’t be stopped. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the First Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for The oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
2. What department do you work in? Technology Services
3. How long have you been working at BG? About 3 months here at BG, but I was at Rolling Meadows for 5 years before coming here and at Vanguard for 9 years before that.
4. Where did you go to high school? Elk Grove HIgh School
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? Walking into a situation where something isn't working and I get to make it work. Being able to make other peoples' lives just a little bit easier is very rewarding to me.
6. What is something unique about you? I have been a musician for over 20 years.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/sponsor? I am currently the V-Show and Fine Arts Tech Director at Rolling Meadows High School. Since coming to BGHS, I have had the privilege of working with Mr. Tschammer and have been able to get some of his perspective and wisdom in the world of the Theater Tech.