Friday Focus - Freshman PE Triathlon
This past Friday, all of our freshman PE classes participated in the 2nd annual Frosh Triathlon. A big thanks to all our freshmen PE teachers and especially teacher Erin O’Donnell for organizing this great event. Even though the weather didn’t cooperate as well as hoped for, our students were all able to experience a real life application of living out a healthy, fitness-filled lifestyle!
Junior/Senior Prom - Early Dismissal 1:50pm
Commencement Exercises (doors open at noon, ceremony at 1:00pm)
Wednesday 6/8: Periods 1, 2, 6 (dismissal at 11:40am)
Thursday 6/9: Periods 3, 7, 4 (dismissal at 11:40am)
Friday 6/10: Periods 8, 5 (dismissal at 10:15am)
Last Day of Classes!!
Celebrating Our Success!In one of our last events of the year, the Spring Sports Awards night, several of our students were honored.
Congratulations to Varsity Baseball players Joey Pinakidis on being named All-Conference and John Vaselaney on being named All-Conference and All-Area!
Girls Badminton team recognized for their 4th place state finish with a permanent plaque.
Congratulations to Emily Carnes, Female Athlete of the Year, and Male Athlete of the Year for BG and District 214 Howard Lester winner, Kevin Salvano.
Congratulations to our dedicated "Triple Threat" Three Sport Athletes!
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Varsity Softball Sectional
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Buffalo Grove softball aims for summer fun as juniors regroup
Chicago Tribune, May 28, 2016
With eight starters returning for the 2017 season, the future is coming into focus for the Buffalo Grove softball team. As they developed a group of sophomores and juniors throughout the season, the Bison kept getting better before falling to Warren 10-3 in a regional semifinal on Tuesday, May 24, in Gurnee. Read Story
Tom Cleary helps Buffalo Grove boys track keep its pace
Chicago Tribune, May 23, 2016
Running in the shadow of a more well-known teammate is not exactly what most athletes aspire to, especially given their competitive nature. Tom Cleary has used his teammate's notoriety — and his own relative obscurity — as motivation. The Buffalo Grove senior distance runner has been eclipsed by the brilliance of Kevin Salvano, the Notre Dame-bound runner who captured the Class 3A state cross-country championship last fall. "Because of Kevin, Tom has always been known as the other guy," Buffalo Grove track coach Tim Podulka said. "He has been a tireless and selfless worker who has contributed greatly to the cross-country and track success." Read Story
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
2. What department do you teach in/ what courses do you teach? English/Fine Arts Department. I teach Honors Written and Oral Communication, World Literature and Composition, College Speech Communication.
3. How long have you been working at BG? 15 years :)
4. Where did you go to high school? John Hersey High School
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? Working with teenagers keeps me on my toes and engages me every day. I love to see students learn to appreciate what being a citizen of the world looks like when they engage with their peers and the texts we encounter. The more I teach my students, the more I learn from them. I feel lucky to have a job that can offer these opportunities.
6. What is something unique about you? Although I teach English, I also have a minor in Vocal Performance. Any chance I get to sing, I take it!
7.What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? I direct the Winter Play and co-direct the Spring Musical.