Friday Focus - Students and Staff of the Month
- Congratulations to the following students for being named Student of the Month for December!
- Zoe Robertson - PE/Health
- Maya Lach - Math/Science
- Edward Moder - World Language/Social Studies/ELL
- Daria Mieloszyk - English/Fine Arts
- Ji Min Han - Career & Technical Education
- Michelle Castillo - Student Services
Congratulations to the staff member of the month, Greg Ortyn, from Food Services!
Winter Break Begins at Close of Classes, 1:50pm Dismissal
First Day of Classes after Winter Break
Blue Late Start - 8:30am
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - NO SCHOOL
Final Exams, First Semester Ends on January 22
Institute Day - NO SCHOOL
Presidents’ Day - NO SCHOOL
Spring Break Begins at Close of Classes, 1:50pm Dismissal
First Day of Classes after Spring Break
Celebrating Our Success!
- Congratulations to senior Erik Hernandez, who was a finalist in Impromptu at the Speech tournament at Naperville Central High School last Saturday!
- Over the weekend, the Model United Nations Club participated in the annual Chicago International Model United Nations Conference. Fourteen members participated in the 4 day, 3 night event with great success. Seniors Jaymee Baron and Blake Ledna won Honorable Mention for their portrayal of DPRK North Korea in the General Assembly and Freshman Pavle Stojakovic won Honorable Mention for his position paper portrayal of 2003 Congressmen Chuck Hagel. Congrats to all Model UN members on a great weekend full of filibusters, tigers, and fog machines.
- Congratulations to Jessica Soskich, Caitlin Howard, Emilee Gonzalez, Rebecca Hererra, Jennifer Sauer and Joanne Savage for winning the Streamwood Bowling Invite on December 12. The Bison battled Hersey for the top spot all afternoon and pulled away after rolling a 978 game.
- January 9 - Palatine High School (11:40 and 1:36)
- January 15 - MSL at Prospect High School (times to be determined)
- January 17 - Grayslake Central High School (times to be determined)
- January 23 - Sectionals
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Girls Varsity Basketball vs. Hersey
Girls Varsity Basketball vs. Fremd
Girls Varsity Bowling vs. Conant @ Arlington Lanes
Girls Varsity B Basketball vs. Fremd
Girls Varsity Bowling vs. Vernon Hills @ Arlington Lanes
Boys Varsity Swimming & Diving vs. Fremd
Boys Varsity Basketball vs. Rolling Meadows
New Year’s Bison Cheerleading Invitational
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Daily Herald, December 12, 2015
Buffalo Grove senior guard Maddie Welter sank a school-record eight 3-pointers at Elk Grove on Friday, and the final one with three minutes left made her the 13th player at BG to reach 1,000 career points. Read Story
District 214 likely to change school calendar, start times
Daily Herald, December 12, 2015
Students in Northwest Suburban High School District 214 will likely get to sleep in a little later starting in 2017. Read Story
Daily Herald, December 9, 2015
Submitted by Robert Bosch LLC - The Bosch Community Fund recently awarded grants totaling $95,000 to Mount Prospect-area organizations to promote science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education and environmental sustainability. Read Story
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
|Mrs. Ginder with her Human Growth and Child Development class|
1. What is your name? Corinne Ginder
2. What department do you teach in/what courses do you teach? I am in the Career, Technology and Education Department. I teach Human Growth and Child Development, The Preschool Practicum classes, Foods, and some Health classes.
3. How long have you been teaching at BGHS? 17 years
4. Where did you go to high school? John Hersey High School
5. What part of teaching do you find the most rewarding? I love when students take my classes and realize that they would like to pursue a career in my area, like early childhood education, elementary education, and other child-related careers.
6. What is something unique about you? In my free time I farm.
7. What activities or clubs to do you coach/sponsor? I currently coach 5th grade girls basketball, 6th grade girls basketball, and boys and girls track.