Friday Focus - ProStart top 50 in Country!!!
Buffalo Grove HS honored for hospitality programs
Daily Herald report - Buffalo Grove High School has been named to the 2016 Elite 50 an annual selection of the top 50 secondary school hospitality programs in the nation by the National Center for Hospitality Studies. Read Story
At a loss for what to get your high school student for the holidays? Get them something they will love and look good in - BG Spirit Wear! The website has all the new 2015-16 styles and colors. Until Dec 15, we are waiving the delivery fee on all online orders. You will be emailed to pick up your spirit wear order at the school on Dec 17. If you have questions, please contact Debbie Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buy something for all the Bison on your list!
Access from the front page of the BGHS website http://bghs.d214.org/ or
Blue Late Start - 8:30am
Winter Break Begins at Close of Classes, 1:50pm Dismissal
First Day of Classes after Winter Break
Blue Late Start - 8:30am
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - NO SCHOOL
Final Exams, First Semester Ends on January 22
Presidents’ Day - NO SCHOOL
Spring Break Begins at Close of Classes, 1:50pm Dismissal
First Day of Classes after Spring Break
Celebrating Our Success!
- Buffalo Grove High School is pleased to recognize the seniors who have been named 2016-2017 Illinois State Scholars for their outstanding academic achievement. Please click here for the list of students.
- One of the great performers of the world in the 20th century came to the Chicago area and three Buffalo Grove High School Symphonic Band students had the opportunity to play with him. The performer was Doc Severinsen, the famed trumpet virtuoso and leader of the NBC Tonight Show Band when Johnny Carson was the host. Doc was brought in by music dealer, Quinlan and Fabish and an "All-Star" band of high school students from the Chicago area was selected to perform. Brendan Altieri, Chris Pecoraro, and Emily Valentin brought honor and prestige to BG as they rehearsed four times and then played in the concert at Lincoln Way Central High School on November 20th. These students will never forget what they experienced, and the honor bestowed upon them was given back to BG through their stellar performance and the manner in which they represented our school and community. We can all be proud of their accomplishment.
- In the Moment Photo Show was held in One Grove Gallery this week. It was a collaboration between the theater and photography students that highlights the commonalities between the two disciplines. The show featured approximately 40 Photo One students' work from their field trip to Chicago. The theater and AP Photo students were in charge of every aspect of this show, from the written pieces explaining the concepts to the viewer, to choosing and displaying the artwork and various props in the gallery.
- Congratulations to Ronna Pflanz, teacher, and her Prostart (Bison Grill) program. They were just named to the 2016 Elite 50. This is a annual selection of the top 50 secondary school hospitality programs in the nation by the National Center for Hospitality Studies at Sullivan University. This is a recognition that is well deserved for the countless hours that her and her students put in to host many events around the school and district.
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Boys Varsity Wrestling vs. Elk Grove
Boys Varsity Diving Invitational
Boys Varsity Rex Lewis Wrestling Invitational
Day with the Expressions for 6th - 8th graders
Girls Varsity Bowling vs. Schaumburg @ Arlington Lanes
Senior Art Show, BGHS One Grove Gallery
Winter Choral Concert, BGHS Theatre
Boys Varsity Basketball vs. Fremd
Winter Band Concert, BGHS Theatre
Boys Varsity Wrestling vs. Ida Crown
Girls Varsity Basketball vs. Hersey
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Inside adjustment, outside shooting help BG past St .Viator
The Daily Herald, December 7, 2015
Buffalo Grove came out hitting its 3-pointers from the outside but missing defensive assignments on the inside. Once focused on protecting the middle, the Bison were able to turn a 31-31 halftime deficit into a 65-48 nonconference girls basketball. Read Story
Pain becoming gain for Buffalo Grove
The Daily Herald, December 4, 2015
December is barely underway and Buffalo Grove's boys basketball team is almost halfway to last season's win total of seven already with a 58-47 win at Wheeling on Friday. Read Story
Big MSL openers for Barrington's Hasanov, BG's Duenser
The Daily Herald, December 2, 2015
Barrington senior Abby Hasanov and Buffalo Grove senior Diandra Duenser are off to fine starts in Mid-Suburban League girls gymnastics after Wednesday's meet hosted by the Fillies. Read Story
BGHW hockey club raises funds for Wheeling-area food pantry
Chicago Tribune, November 16, 2015
The club is made up of students from Buffalo Grove High School, John Hersey High School and Wheeling High School. Together, they raised cash and food for a Wheeling-area food pantry. Read Story
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
|Maureen Pfrank (left) works with Robin Christie|
in the assessment center.
1. What is your name? Maureen Pfrank
2. What department do you teach in/what courses do you teach? I am the BGHS Assessment Supervisor, Research and Development.
3. How long have you been teaching at BGHS? I started at BGHS in the fall of 1993.
4. Where did you go to high school? Newman High School, Wausau, WI
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? I've enjoyed helping students, parents and staff maneuver through the scary unknown world of testing; ACT, SAT, State Test, etc.
6. What is something unique about you? I completely enjoy my family. They challenge me all the time.
7. What activities or clubs to do you work with? I worked football, basketball and Field & Track competitions so I could interact with students beyond the assessment environment. This gave me the opportunity to see them in their comfort zone where their personalities shine.