BGPA is looking for parent volunteers to help with the Turnabout Dance coat closet on Saturday February 27th. The night is broken into 2 shifts: 7:45-9:15 and 9:15-11:00. The only duty is to exchange tickets for coats, etc. There is no setup or teardown involved. Please contact Janet Reed at email@example.com if you'd like to join the fun.
BG BISON BOOSTERS Present LAS VEGAS NIGHT
The Bison Boosters are hosting their annual Las Vegas Night to be held on Saturday, February 20, 2016 at the Fox and Hound, 910 West Dundee Road. Doors open at 7:00pm and you must be 21 to attend. Tickets include 3 hours of gaming, appetizers and awesome silent auction and raffle prizes. Last year's event was sold out so get your tickets today at www.seatyourself.biz/buffalogrove and help support the 28 athletic programs of Buffalo Grove High School. Fight On!
Presidents’ Day - NO SCHOOL
Late Start Blue Thursday - 8:30AM
Late Start Blue Thursday - 8:30AM
Spring Break Begins at Close of Classes, 1:50pm Dismissal
First Day of Classes after Spring Break
Celebrating Our Success!
Junior diver, Jack Delattre, set a new school record with a total score of 456.75 in the 11 dive contest!
Congratulations to Girls Varsity Basketball Coach, Steve Kolodzeij, on being named Mid-Suburban League East Coach of the Year!
Congratulations to our Girls Varsity Bowling on being Regional Champions! The ladies advance to sectionals this weekend in Round Lake at Lakes Bowling Alley.
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Boys Varsity Basketball vs. Hersey
Boys Varsity Basketball vs. Glenbrook North
Boys Varsity Track and Field vs. Marian Central Catholic
Girls Varsity Track and Field vs. Mundelein
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Buffalo Grove High team wins third state cheer title in 4 years
Daily Herald, February 7, 2016
Be a Sharpie -- not a pencil. That may seem like an unusual rallying cry for a cheerleading squad, but Buffalo Grove Coach Jeff Siegal says it captures the mental toughness of a coed team that won the school's third state title in four years. Read Story
Buffalo Grove Wins State Again in Cheerleading
Journal & Topics Newspapers Online, Monday, February 8, 2016
When it comes to cheerleading, Buffalo Grove coach Jeffrey Siegal is the high school version of NBA legend Phil Jackson. All that Siegal’s teams do is win state or at least challenge for a state championship. Read Story
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
|Mrs. Lala with a favorite student|
1.What is your name? Jamie Lala
2. What department do you teach in/ what courses do you teach? I am part of the Special Education department. I teach a Strategies for Learning course and co-teach two Human Geography classes and one U.S. History class.
3. How long have you been teaching at BG? This is my 16th year teaching in District 214. I have been here at BG for 12 years.
4. Where did you go to high school? I grew up in Arlington Heights and went to Prospect High School.
5. What part of teaching do you find the most rewarding? Building positive relationships with students and making personal connections with them is the most rewarding to me.
6. What is something unique about you? I was considered a tomboy growing up. I played many sports throughout my childhood and also in high school.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? This is my 2nd year being a sponsor for Interact. In the past, I was also involved with Upward Bound and coached softball for one year here at BG.