Friday Focus - Vienna Exchange
This week we welcomed 36 students from our sister school in Vienna, Austria. The school’s name is Kundmanngasse, and this year marks the 27th year of our cultural exchange! Thank you to our host families, and our fine arts staff of Elizabeth Bennett, Henry Kappler, and Deb Utley for their hard work on this exchange.
Celebrating Our Success!
- Congratulations to our Cross Country Seniors and for the win over the Wildcats on Senior night!
- Congratulations to our Girls Tennis Seniors!
- Congratulations to our Boys Soccer Seniors!
- Congratulations to our Girls Volleyball Seniors!
- Kudos to our BG Coed Cheerleaders helping with the Cancer Foundation, Hair For You. Raising funds for wigs for cancer patients.
- Congratulations to our Varsity Football team, now 3-0 for the first time in 15 years after their 30-7 victory over Maine West!
News from the BGPA
The student directory is now available to all Buffalo Grove Parent Association members using DirectorySpot. It's easy to use and very secure. Not yet a member? Contact email@example.com.
Financial Aid Seminar (Seniors) 7:00pm at Rolling Meadows High School
Non-Attendance Day - NO SCHOOL
Special Needs College Fair 6:00-8:30pm at Forest View Educational Center
Career Night: Health & Natural Resources 6:30-9:00pm (BGHS)
End of First Quarter
Institute Day - Students not in attendance
Second Quarter Begins
BGPA Meeting 7:00pm in the Community Room - All are welcome
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Boys Football vs. Maine East
Boys Golf vs. Hersey (at Buffalo Grove Golf Course)
Boys Soccer vs. Rolling Meadows
Football vs. Prospect
Girls Swimming & Diving Varsity Invite
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Buffalo Grove trips up Maine West
The Daily Herald, September 11, 2017
Buffalo Grove was golden Friday night in Des Plaines. Justin Gold had 5 sacks and Connor Adams threw 3 touchdown passes, all to Matt Prawica, as Buffalo Grove rolled past Maine West 30-7 in a battle of unbeaten high school football teams. Read Story
Buffalo Grove Sacks Maine West, 30-7
Journal-Topics, September 11, 2017
Maine West (2-1) had high hopes against visiting Buffalo Grove, but the Bison quickly dashed those hopes on their way to 30-7 win Friday night giving West its first loss of the season. Buffalo Grove’s Justin Gold lived up to his last name with 7 sacks and 13 tackles to help the Bison improve to 3-0 for the first time since 2002. The Bison recorded at least 8 sacks in the game, but depending on how you classify a sack, it could have been 10. Maine West ran 12 plays for negative yardage against the Bison after scoring 82 points combined over their first two games. Read Story
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the First Quarter Parent Newsletter
2. What department have you/do you work in and what do you do? I work in the Maintenance/Custodial Department.
3. How long have you been working at BG? This is my 32nd year working in District 214. I have been at BG for 24 years, and I was at Prospect for 8 years before that.
4. Where did you go to high school? I went to Rolling Meadows High School for my freshman year, and then we moved and I went Round Lake Beach High School.
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? I really enjoy working with the kids, assisting the students as well as the teachers is very rewarding.
6. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? I really enjoy camping and watching baseball, especially the Cubs!