2019-20 Those Who Excel Award of Excellence
We are proud to share that BGHS physics and chemistry teacher, Stefanie O'Neill (Ronge), has just received the Award of Excellence in the 2019-20 Those Who Excel education awards program. The level of Excellence is the highest level for this award.
Here is a little bit about Those Who Excel:
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
Attention Juniors, Seniors and Parents! Representatives from the following schools will be on campus to meet with students next week. Please pick up a pass from the College and Career Center to meet with a representative.
BGHS in the News
Billy Montemayor Named New Bison Baseball Coach
Journal & Topics, August 14, 2019
Billy Montemayor is moving up from assistant to head baseball coach at Buffalo Grove, the school announced Thursday, Aug. 1. “It is really exciting and I was happy to get the news,” Montemayor said after being hired. “I’m excited for the next season to begin. When I got into coaching, it was always something I dreamt of possibly achieving someday. I am excited for the new journey.” Montemayor is from Elk Grove Village and is an Elk Grove High School graduate. He played college baseball at Oakton Community College in Des Plaines for a season, before transferring to Parkland College, but he didn’t play at his second school. Montemayor figured he missed the game too much and transferred to Carthage College for his final two years. Read Story
Girls golf: Changes aplenty in Mid-Suburban League
The Daily Herald, August 17, 2019
Seniors Alisa Patel (10th place MSL finisher and sectional qualifier), Kelly Allaire and Megan Fontanetta will lead the way for Jeff Grybash's Buffalo Grove Bison who were third (361) behind Barrington (293) and Prospect (229) in last year's MSL meet. "We will certainly rely on their experience and leadership," Grybash said. "One of our goals is to play our best golf at the end of the season." Read Story
Boys golf: Barrington will try to maintain recent success
The Daily Herald, August 17, 2019
Buffalo Grove, seventh in the MSL last year, is paced by a pair of talented sophomores in Dori Lee and Ryen Beerheide. Both were all-conference and Lee is a returning sectional qualifier. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the First Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for The oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
2. What department have you/do you work in? I teach in the World Language/Social Studies department. This year I'm teaching Spanish 2 and Spanish 3, but I've taught French and Native Speaker Spanish in the past.
3. How long have you been working at BG? 10 years.
4. Where did you go to high school? Freeport High School, home of the pretzels!
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? Teaching the skills needed for life after high school; organization, attention to details, how you learn/study best, working with others and communication skills.
6. What is something unique about you? My first name was created by my parents. I did a gap year and was an exchange student in Portugal for a year after graduating high school.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? In the past I've been a Girls' Fall Sporting Events Supervisor and an Interact sponsor but I've stepped down to take care of my two young children after school. I'm part of the Harbor Planning Committee and the BGHS Prevention Team during the day.