BGHS Library Book Check-Outs Now Available!
The BGHS Library is available for physical book check-outs! In addition to the eBooks and audiobooks offered on our online apps like Sora and Axis360, students now have the option to select physical books from our BGHS Library. Students can contact their English teacher for more information, or they can email our Library Media Specialist Kim Miklusak at Kim.Miklusak@d214.org.
The Bison Impact:
Congratulations to our Class of 2021 Girls Tennis players celebrating Senior Night this week!
Congratulations to our Class of 2021 Girls Cross Country team celebrating Senior Night this week!
District 214 to Host Decision 2020 - Thursday, Oct. 1
Journalists, academics, and other experts will convene for a non-partisan virtual panel discussion regarding the 2020 Presidential Election. Guests will discuss the central themes and issues at the heart of the election, including effects it may have on those in the northwest suburbs. The panel is part of an ongoing series of Community Education events focused on significant topics of importance. Guests will be able to submit questions in advance for consideration. This event is FREE and held via Zoom.
Attention Seniors and Parents!
The District 214 Post-Secondary Counselors are offering virtual college representative visits for seniors. The representatives available next week are listed on the schedule below. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com in the College & Career Center if you are interested in attending any of these sessions.
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
1. What is your name? Miguel Parra Garcia
2. What department do you teach in/ How long have you been teaching at BG? I work in the world language department and have been teaching at BG for 8 years.
3. Where did you grow up/ go to high school? I attended East Leyden High School.
4. What part of teaching do you find the most rewarding? The most rewarding part about teaching is knowing that each day you have the opportunity to say or do something that may change a student’s life in a positive way.
5. What new thing have you learned this year teaching remotely? I have learned that strong relationships with your students are the most important component of effective teaching.
6. What are you currently reading, and/ or do you have a favorite author or podcast? I am currently reading Spare Parts.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? I coach Track and Cross Country, and I am the Hispanic Parent Liaison for BG.
8. What is something unique about you? Something unique about me is that I was born and raised in Mexico City and did not come to the United States until I was 12 years old.
BGHS in the News
Local Semifinalists named for the 2021 National Merit Scholarship Program
The Daily Herald, September 15, 2020
National Merit Scholarship Corp. officials recently announced the names of approximately 16,000 Semifinalists in the 66th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. These academically talented high school seniors have an opportunity to continue in the competition for some 7,600 National Merit Scholarships worth more than $30 million that will be offered next spring. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for the New Block Schedule
Click Here for the Blue & Orange Day Calendar
Click Here for the D214 School Calendars
Click Here for the First Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for the oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
Click Here for the BGPA Bison Spiritwear online store