In case you missed it, the 42nd Annual Pops Concert is officially available to view on video! We hope you enjoy From the Stage: Music of Broadway and Ballet. For over 40 years the annual Pops Concert has been a beloved tradition. This year, the 42nd year of this event, is no different. The students of the BGHS Orchestras, Jazz Ensemble, and Vocal Jazz Ensembles have worked hard throughout the fall to bring you a variety of very special Pops Concert events.
This year’s theme, From the Stage: Music of Broadway and Ballet, features music from various shows including Hamilton, Bridges of Madison County, The New Moon, All Shook Up, and a reference to Road Show.
The Bison Impact:
Congratulations to the BGHS Scholastic Bowl team on earning 4th place out of 120 teams in the IHSSBCA Kickoff Tournament!
December SAT and ACT Exams Canceled
The SAT exam scheduled for Saturday, December 5 and the ACT exam scheduled for Saturday, December 12 have been cancelled at all District 214 high schools. Please contact collegeboard.org and actstudent.org for future testing opportunities.
Join the December Book Club Wednesday 12/9
Join us for the December book club, next Wednesday, December 9, from 3:30-4:15 pm. Share what books you have been reading or come get recommendations. No prior reading required! No camera or mic required! Email email@example.com for the link.
Need a physical library book during remote learning?
You can pick them up at school or we can deliver them to you!
CLICK HERE for the Physical Book Recommendation and Order Form
CLICK HERE for eBook/Audio Book Recommendation and Form
Any questions or concerns? Please reach out to our email firstname.lastname@example.org
DECA Sponsors Virtual Trick Shot Contest
We all know how hard COVID-19 has hit our athletics department. However, the BGHS DECA Chapter has found a way to get BG moving again! Starting Monday, November 30th, the DECA Club will be hosting a Virtual Trick Shot Contest. Yes, you heard that right. Both students AND teachers who are interested in having some fun (by themselves, with friends, or family) while showing off their best sports skills should fill out the form attached ASAP. Registration to sign up for the event closes Sunday, December 6th, and payment/video submissions will be accepted from Monday, December 7th to Friday, December 18th. The DECA Chapter will be collecting video submission fees for this event, and ALL proceeds will go toward the Good Sports Charity. Plus, there will be prizes (with over $120 in the prize pool)! You will find more information about registration and submission in the form. So, what are you waiting for? Go sign up!
Payment (due after registration):
Individual: One person in video-$5.00
Group: 2-6 people in video-$10.00
Team: 7+ people in video-$20.00
Sign-Up Form (Registration open from Monday, November 30th to Sunday, December 6th).
1. What is your name? Joseph Puzzo
2. What department do you teach in/ How long have you been teaching at BG?
I am an Instructional Assistant and 1:1 in the Special Education Department. I have been working at BGHS for 3 years and in the district (as a substitute) 4 years.
3. Where did you go to high school? I graduated from Elk Grove High School.
4. What part of teaching do you find the most rewarding? The most rewarding part of working in education is seeing students’ achievements after they have persevered through a challenging academic scenario, or life situation. Our students embody grit. In addition, I enjoy witnessing the process of students identifying and working toward their passions in life. Lastly, a great bonus at BGHS is the wonderful staff I have the privilege of working with.
5. What new thing have you learned this year teaching remotely? Besides all the new protocols and educational technology applications/platforms, the innovation of our students, staff, district, and BGHS community during remote learning has been inspirational. The outdoor plays, food drives, trick or trunk, National Honor Society event, outdoor musical concerts, hot cocoa in the stadium, movies in the stadium, and some sports are examples of that innovation. I am just impressed with everyone coming together as a team and trying to create the most positive experience for our students and community as possible.
6. What are you currently reading, and/ or do you have a favorite author or podcast? I just finished “Reversed: A Memoir,” by Lois E. Letchford, a mother of a student with disabilities explains her trials, tribulations, and successes with her son’s experiences, as well as, her experiences as a special education teacher.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? I am an assistant wrestling coach. I also score sporting events, announce volleyball matches, announce baseball games, assist after school events, work the football chain gang, and supervise the weight center.
8. What is something unique about you? I am a twin.
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
Looking for More?
Click Here for the New Block Schedule
Click Here for the Blue & Orange Day Calendar
Click Here for the D214 School Calendars
Click Here for the 2nd Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for the oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
Click Here for the BGPA Bison Spiritwear online store