Friday Focus - BG Gives Back to our Community
This week, several student-athletes from Buffalo Grove volunteered at the Read-a-thon at Greenbrier to help their students learn the excitement of reading.
|Is this not the cutest picture ever?|
Although our kids were excited to begin with, they were overjoyed once they left. We even heard from a few of the kids, "that was great...can we do this next year too?"
Hopefully this can be an event that we can grow in upcoming years.
Attention seniors: Applications for this year's BGPA scholarships are now available in the College & Career Center. All applications are due no later than Friday, April 1, 2016.
Reminder - Parents of Student Athletes:
On Thursday, April 14th John Underwood will be returning and spending the day at Buffalo Grove High School with our student athletes, parents, and coaches. You are invited to attend John Underwood’s presentation for parents the evening of Thursday, April 14th from 7 to 8:30PM in the gym - Registration is required
Spring Break Begins at Close of Classes, 1:50pm Dismissal
First Day of Classes after Spring Break
Teacher Inservice Day - Students not in attendance
First Day of Classes - 4th Quarter
Memorial Day - All Buildings Closed
Last Day of Classes
Celebrating Our Success!
- Congratulations to our DECA State Champs, Erika Jaszka & Danielle Allaire!
- Friday, March 11th was the WYSE (Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering) Sectional at Vernon Hills High School. Congratulations to Rhyan Shanker for taking 4th in Chemistry, and Alex Morain for taking 2nd in Chemistry. Alex has qualified for the State finals down at the U of I in April. Congrats and good luck!
- Congratulations to our other DECA medal winners, Eddie Walker, Logan Kilpatrick, Alyssa Dephillips, Sweta Patel, and Heather Hartwell.
- Congratulations Speech Team member, Jessica Rosenberg, for placing 3rd in POI (Program Oral Interpretations) at Districts!
- Congrats to the freshmen boys track team who took 2nd place in the D214 invite!
- Members of the BGHS Red Cross club helped out at a recent bone marrow drive, registering 96 new potential bone marrow donors!
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Girls Badminton Invitational
Girls Badminton Invitational
Girls Softball vs. Glenbard East
Boys Volleyball vs. Lake Zurich
Girls Water Polo vs. Prospect
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Skating filmmaker from Buffalo Grove to show collection of short works
The Daily Herald March 15, 2016
Filmmaker Brad Bischoff was a teenager at Buffalo Grove High School when he began shooting and starring in extreme inline skating videos with his friend (and later his cinematographer) Jake Zalutsky. Read Story
Shout Out from photographer Trevor Reisz
The Daily Herald, March 10, 2016
Visitors had just started walking into the first professional exhibit of the newly built One Grove Gallery inside Buffalo Grove High School, and something caught the exhibitor's eye. Read Story
District 25 engages AH community in daylong read-a-thon
The Daily Herald, March 18, 2016
Perhaps the most influential and exciting hours of the day, however, were spent with the Buffalo Grove athletes, who visited with every student of Greenbrier for two hours before lunch, reading and discussing book after book with the Gator students.
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
1.What is your name? Jen Schoffstall
2. What department do you teach in/ what courses do you teach? I teach in the Math/Science department. I teach Algebra 70 and Math Analysis.
3. How long have you been teaching at BG? 23 years.
4. Where did you go to high school? Fremd High School.
5. What part of teaching do you find the most rewarding? When my students say "That’s easy".
6. What is something unique about you? My husband teaches at the same school.
7.What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? I used to coach girls basketball and softball. Currently, I am just a fan at my sons’ games.