Friday Focus - Ginger-Build 2016
Ginger-Build 2016 was a huge success. Students and staff came out in force Thursday evening to see who could build the best gingerbread house. There was music, holiday fun, door prizes, pictures with Santa, and the top 3 won prizes. We had 41 teams participate and raised over $1800.00 for a Soldier’s Journey Home. Please start thinking about next year's design, and we will see you in 2017!
We’ve Got Spirit!
The BGPA is selling spiritwear! You can find the link on the BGHS website homepage under “Quick Links” or click here.
The BGPA is selling 2016-17 BGHS Student Directories for $5.00. They are available for sale in the Main Office. See Mrs. Jacks if you would like to purchase one.
Blue Late Start - 8:30am
Early Dismissal at 1:50pm
Winter Break begins at close of classes
First day of classes after Winter Break
Blue Late Start - 8:30am
Blue Late Start - 8:30am
Martin Luther King Day - Building Closed
Semester 1 Final Exams
Celebrating Our Success!
Congratulations to Varsity Football player, senior Jimmy Trieb, on being named to the Pioneer Press All-Area Honorable Mention Football Team. Jimmy was also named to the Northwest All-Area team. Congratulations to Varsity Football players Justin Gold and Jack Merrill on being named Honorable Mention, and Connor Adams, John Carpinelli, and Tyler Rundquist on being Special Mention.
Congratulations to the Varsity Girls Bowling Team on their 3rd place finish at the Fremd Invite, and to JV for their 1st place win!
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Varsity Boys Swimming & Diving vs. Hersey
Varsity Wrestling Dual vs. Prospect
Varsity Boys Swimming & Diving Meet
Varsity Wrestling Tournament - Rex Lewis Invitational
Winter Choral Concert
Winter Band Concert
Senior Art Show
Varsity Wrestling Dual vs. Hersey
Varsity Boys Swimming & Diving vs. Elk Grove
Varsity Girls Basketball vs. Hersey
Varsity Boys Basketball vs. Hersey
Varsity Boys Basketball vs. Wauconda
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Buffalo Grove's Akiyoshi excels in spite of POTS challenge
The Daily Herald, December 7, 2016
Many of those who followed area girls volleyball the past few years knew Buffalo Grove's Kiarra Akiyoshi was one of the top liberos in the Mid-Suburban League.
What many didn't know, is that while she was picking up countless digs and serving as the Bison captain, she was also dealing with a health condition that made her achievements all the more impressive. Read Story
Camardo (26 points) powers Buffalo Grove
The Daily Herald, December 3, 2016
Buffalo Grove 46, Wheeling 37: The host Bison got off to a winning start in Mid-Suburban East play behind a big scoring night from Mac Camardo.
He scored 18 of his game-high 26 points in the second half. Camardo finished with 11 field goals and went 4-for-4 on free throws. Read Story
Buffalo Grove, Hersey team up for Chobanov
The Daily Herald, December 8, 2016
Buffalo Grove's boys swimming team topped Hersey 114-72 in a Mid-Suburban East dual meet Thursday, but the real winner was Tony Chobanov. The teams combined to raise more than $700 for Chobanov, veteran of Afghanistan and Iraq who is in need of support, through A Soldier's Journey Home. A check will be presented to him next Friday in an all-school assembly, and the dollars will help finish Chobanov's Naperville home. Read Story
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
1. What is your name? Kevin Miller
|Kevin Miller engages his students with active reading|
2. What department have you/ do you work in? I work in the Special Education department as well as the English department. I teach a Strategies for Learning class, 3 sections of Written & Oral Communication with Jeff Grybash, and 1 section of American Lit. with Rachel Moyer.
3. How long have you been working at BG? I started in December of 2014 as a substitute teacher and coach, but I was officially hired as a full time teacher in April of 2016. I cannot tell you how excited I am to be an official member of the staff!
4. Where did you go to high school? Elk Grove High School (Class of 2008).
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? It is without question the relationships you create with your students and players. This is the reason I got into education. I can think back to so many teachers and coaches that made me into the person I am today. They pushed me and built my confidence as a student and as an athlete. I am simply hoping to return the favor. Every day is another opportunity to give back, and that's why I love this profession!
6. What is something unique about you? I think everyone knows that I have two siblings in the building, but what's crazy is that I actually have seven siblings. Five of these siblings are sisters. As you could imagine, bathroom time was difficult to come by as a young man in our household.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? I am the offensive line coach on the Varsity Football team, and I am also the Junior Varsity Baseball coach here at the land of the Bison.