Bison Boosters Las Vegas Night
The Bison Boosters are hosting their annual Las Vegas Night to be held on Saturday, February 25, 2017 at Ditka's, 2000 West Euclid Avenue, Arlington Heights at 7:00pm. Last year's event was a near sell out so get your tickets today at www.seatyourself.biz/buffalogrove and help support the 28 athletic programs of Buffalo Grove High School. Booster Invite 2017 Vegas Night vFinal1 copy.pdf
Frozen Fantasy Tea
The Orchesis dancers would like to invite you to a Mother/Daughter Tea on Saturday, January 21, 2017. The Frozen Fantasy Tea features a special winter themed afternoon of fun, including: a performance by BGHS Orchesis, Dance Skill Lesson, Crafts, Photo Booth, Treats, Tea and Hot Cocoa Bar, Nail Station. This tea is open to anyone between Preschool through early middle school age.
Tickets are $30 for 1 Adult & 1st Child and $10 for each additional child or relative (please limit to 3 children per adult). CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE. For questions about the event contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All proceeds will go towards our Orchesis performance trip this Spring Break in Disney World!!!!
Martin Luther King Day - Building Closed
Class of 2021 Parent Meeting 7:00 pm (Theater) Note: Also offered on 1/19
Semester 1 Final Exams
BGPA Meeting 7:00 pm (Community Room)
Class of 2021 Parent Meeting 7:00 pm (Theater) Note: Also offered on 1/17
Frozen Fantasy Tea 1:00-3:00 pm (Cafeteria) Orchesis Children’s event
Institute Day - Students Not in Attendance
Curriculum Activities Fair - Incoming Freshman Class of 2021 7:00 pm (Gym)
Third Quarter Begins
Blue Late Start - 8:30am
Presidents Day - NO SCHOOL
End of 3rd Quarter
Celebrating Our Success!
- Congratulations to seniors Andra Tecusan and Christopher Tsourmas on being named Honorable Mention on the Daily Herald’s 2016-2017 Northwest Suburban Leadership Team!
- Congrats to our Coed Varsity Cheerleaders for finishing 2nd at the MSL Conference Championships. We are proud of you!
- Congrats to BG JV Cheerleaders on their second place finish at the Lake Zurich Invite. Great way to finish the competitive season!
- Congratulations to Jack Delattre who broke a 40 year old school diving record! 6 Dives with a score of 289.55!
- Congratulations to diver Matt Misch on a 2nd place finish at the Vernon Hills Invite!
- Celebrating another fine group of seniors from our wrestling program. Congratulations and Fight On!!!
- Congrats to Jessica Soskich for being the individual champion at the Prospect Invite! 228 average for 6 games!
- Congratulations to our JV Girls Gymnasts on staying UNDEFEATED! Led by a sweep in the All-around: 1st Patty Sobolak, 2nd Nikki Ruby, 3rd Hope Fickett in triangular vs. Prospect and Rolling Meadows.
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Varsity Boys Swimming & Diving vs. Wheeling
Varsity Wrestling Dual vs. Rolling Meadows
Varsity Boys Basketball vs Prospect
Varsity Girls Basketball vs Prospect
Varsity Swimming & Diving - Fred Palffy Invitational
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
BGHS Teacher Honored With Education Award
Journal-Topics, December 19, 2016
Buffalo Grove High School English teacher Anna Schultes received the Alumni in Education Award from the Council of Educators in Polonia and Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU). Schultes received her Master of Science Degree in Instruction from Northeastern Illinois University. In addition to teaching English, Schultes works as an immigration education specialist for Township High School Dist. 214. Read Story
Honorable mentions: Northwest Suburban Leadership Team 2016-2017
The Daily Herald, January 12, 2017
Buffalo Grove High School seniors, Andra Tecusan and Christopher Tsourmas, named Honorable Mention to the Daily Herald Northwest Suburban Leadership Team. Read Story
Buffalo Grove works 3 OTs to edge Grayslake North
The Daily Herald, January 7, 2017
Buffalo Grove boys basketball coach Keith Peterson was hoping that this would be a turnaround season for his Bison. The host Bison added to the trend in that direction with a thrilling 87-77, three-overtime win over Grayslake North on Saturday night. Read Story
Junior guard Alyssa Floro thrives as Buffalo Grove simplifies its system
Chicago Tribune, January 9, 2017
Alyssa Floro likes to work. It's the only way the Buffalo Grove junior basketball player knows how to get better.Before a scrimmage in practice, Floro will say a few words to her defender."I tell them, 'Don't go easy on me,' " she said. "If they don't go hard, I won't be prepared for the game."... Read Story
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
1. What is your name? Tim Podulka
2. What department have you/ do you work in? I am the RTI (Response to Interventions) Facilitator, but I have been a Case Manager and Social Studies teacher.
3. How long have you been working at BG? This is my 8th year at BG.
4. Where did you go to high school? I went to Elk Grove High School.
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? The most rewarding part of teaching for me, is connecting with students, helping them grow as individuals, and helping them reach new heights that they never thought were possible.
6. What is something unique about you? I turned down an opportunity to play football professionally in Europe to take a job at BGHS, and it has turned out to be the greatest decision of my life!
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? What activities at BG do you follow? I am the Defensive Coordinator for the Varsity Football Team and I am the Head Track Coach.