Friday Focus - Senior Teach Day
On Wednesday we celebrated Senior Teach Day, where seniors are able to give back by helping to teach class with a favorite teacher. Some really got into the spirit of pretending to be their chosen teacher!
Celebrating Our Success!
- Congratulations to Nya Carr! 7th in state in the 100 and 12th in state in long jump!
- Congratulations Bison baseball as they advance to Saturday's Regional Championship at home after defeating Hersey 9-3. Game at 11:00am.
- Congratulations to our talented students who performed at Wednesday’s Spring Choral Concert
- Congratulations to our talented seniors who performed last night at the Senior Honors Band Concert!
Memorial Day - No School
Spring Sports Awards 7:00pm
Blue Late Start - 8:30am
Prom 6:30 pm Westin Itasca
Graduation 1:00 pm (tickets required)
Finals - Periods 1, 2, and 6
Finals - Periods 3, 7, and 4
Finals - Periods 8 and 5 Last Day of School
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Baseball Regional Finals TBA
Expressions Senior Night
Spring Sports Awards
Fall Play Auditions (Community Room)
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Honorable mentions: Northwest Suburban Academic Team, 2016-2017
The Daily Herald, May 23, 2017
Buffalo Grove High School students Alexander Morain and Andrew Pocklington are named Northwest Suburban Academic Team Honorable Mention. Read Story
Girls track notes: Plenty of medals for northwest suburban schools
The Daily Herald, May 23,02017
Nya Carr joined an endless line of competitors who have had to battle emotions and the competition on Eastern Illinois' blue track. The Buffalo Grove junior keep churning throughout the two-day Class 3A state track meet at O'Brien Field last weekend. Read Story
Gymnastics state notes: Buffalo Grove seniors shine one more time
Chicago Tribune, May 16, 2017
Spearheaded by an all-around leader and deep senior class, the Buffalo Grove boys gymnastics team accomplished something it hadn't done in close to 40 years. The Bison finished seventh in the team competition at the state meet Friday and Saturday at Hinsdale Central with a score of 149.25. Glenbard West (160.95) and Lyons (160.75) finished atop the team standings. The seventh-place finish was the highest team achievement in decades. The Bison had reached state as a team only once since 1980, and the team hadn't placed better than eighth since 1978. Read Story
Buffalo Grove's Arturo Bautista uses wit to win 800 sectional title
Chicago Tribune, May 21, 2017
Buffalo Grove senior Arturo Bautista trained for the 800 meters all season. He trained for every possible scenario. Even with all that training, he had to get a little creative May 18 at the Class 3A Fremd Sectional. Read Story
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the 4th Quarter Parent Newsletter
1. What is your name? Tom Arseneau
2. What department have you/ do you work in and what do you teach? I work with the Custodians, Maintenance, and Grounds Staff. My title is Building and Grounds Supervisor.
3. How long have you been working at BG? 5 years.
4. Where did you go to high school? I am a proud Cardinal. Arlington High School Class of 1982.
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? Having a clean and comfortable facility and not having anyone realize what it takes to have our great school run well. I have 21 CMA (Custodial Maintenance Association) staff. 1st shift 3 Maintenance, 2 Groundskeeper, 1 Custodian. 2nd shift 1 Lead Custodian, 5 Custodian. 3rd shift 1 Lead Custodian, 8 Custodian. We have someone In our building 24/7. Seeing the Students and Staff having a great time here at BG
6. What is something unique about you? I am learning how to fly fish.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? I love them all. But Basketball is my favorite.