Friday Focus - Solar Eclipse Mania
We are looking forward to a great educational experience as an entire school building this coming Monday. As a reminder, your child can only participate if they turn in their permission form, which was passed out thursday this week, and can be found HERE. We will be showing a fun and educational video put together by our physics department at the beginning of 7th period, and then releasing our students with their 7th period teacher out of the building for viewing at the peak time of the eclipse.
Celebrating Our Success!
- Congratulations to our very own Bass Fishing State Champions, Tyler Lubbat and Dominic Domian!
Buffalo Grove High School ELEVATE program recognized as
“Program of the Year”!
“Program of the Year”!
Chicago Tribune, August 9, 2017
The 'Elevate' program was founded in the fall of 2016 by eight students, and has led a number of healthy initiatives at the high school and in the local community. Buffalo Grove High School's 'Elevate' program recently received the National Program of the Year Award from John Underwood, the founder of nationally renowned self-empowerment program, Human Performance Project/Life of an Athlete (HPP/LOA). The award was presented to the group at the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, New York. Read Story
Labor Day - NO SCHOOL
Non-Attendance Day - NO SCHOOL
End of First Quarter
Institute Day - Students not in attendance
Second Quarter Begins
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Girls Golf vs. Maine South (Buffalo Grove Golf Course)
Girls Tennis vs. Stevenson
Girls Volleyball vs. Maine East
Girls Golf vs. Palatine and Schaumburg (BG Golf Course)
Boys Soccer vs. Conant (at Celtic Field in Palatine)
Football vs. Niles West
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Buffalo Grove's Tyler Lubbat, Dominic Domian catch bass fishing title
Chicago Tribune, June 20, 2017
On the morning of June 6, Buffalo Grove sophomore Dominic Domian was asked to step out of class and into the hallway. He wasn't in trouble. Quite the opposite, in fact. Buffalo Grove bass fishing coach Brian Foecking had a request: The Bison's top fisherman, junior Tyler Lubbat, needed a partner for the state meet June 14-15 at Carlyle Lake. Lubbat's regular partner, senior Michael Grabner, could not make the trip due to a previous commitment. The state finals had been postponed nearly a month by the Army Corps of Engineers because of heavy rains earlier in the spring. Read Story
Lubbat leads Buffalo Grove to IHSA state championship for bass fishing
Chicago Sun-Times, June 15, 2017
Tyler Lubbat caught four keepers Thursday to lead Buffalo Grove to the championship of the IHSA state championship for bass fishing on Carlyle Lake. The Bison became the first Chicago-area team to be state champions in the nine-year history of bass fishing as an activity. Read Story
Buffalo Grove lands state bass fishing title
Outdoor News, June 16, 2017
Buffalo Grove’s Tyler Lubbat and Dominic Domian pulled 13 pounds and 7 ounces of bass out of Carlyle Lake this week to win the Illinois High School Association’s state bass fishing tournament. Read Story
Shout Out: Dasha Ignatova, co-founder of healthy lifestyle club at Buffalo Grove High School
Chicago Tribune, August 2, 2017
Buffalo Grove High School student Dasha Ignatova and other founding members have been surprised by the rapid success of the school's healthy lifestyle club that they helped start one year ago. Beginning in fall 2016, the Elevate club, a school chapter of the national Life of an Athlete program, started with eight founding members but by the spring, the group totaled 200 members, the students said. Earlier this summer, the Life of an Athlete organization awarded the Buffalo Grove High School group with its "Program of the Year" honor. Read Story
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
2. What department have you/ do you work in and what do you do? I am the College and Career Counselor in the Student Services Department here at Buffalo Grove.
3. How long have you been working at BG? This is my first year here at Buffalo Grove High School but have worked in D214 for 18 years of which the past 10 have been at Elk Grove High School as the College and Career Counselor.
4. Where did you go to high school? I am a graduate of Prospect High School in Mount Prospect.
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? As a counselor I enjoy watching students mature and grow into young adults during their time in high school, but the most rewarding part of being a counselor is having conversations with seniors who have put great time and effort into their post high school plans and discussing all the great options that are available to them as they enter the next chapter of their life.
6. What is something unique about you? I am an avid fisherman and enjoy getting out on the water anytime I have a chance.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? I do not coach or sponsor clubs anymore, but having three young kids at home keeps me busy coaching and being involved with all their sports and extracurricular activities.