Friday Focus - New Exhibit in One Grove Gallery
For the past month, students have been working on an art installation using paper as a medium. In that period, they have spent 96.8 hours across 4 Humanities classes cutting, folding, hanging and transforming ordinary pieces of paper into a presentable installation that is sure to attract the attention of the Buffalo Grove Bison! This installation is meant to challenge the way we view paper. The projects show how paper can be manipulated and molded into something more than it appears, just like all of us.
The exhibit will be on display in the One Grove Gallery through Friday, March 16. Click here for a link to the One Grove Gallery website and more information about the gallery and details on upcoming shows.
Celebrating Our Success!
- Congratulations to Varsity Basketball player, Kendra Lee, on being named to the Northwest All-Area Team! Congratulations to Jackie Bickhaus also named Special Mention to the Northwest All-Area Team!
- Congratulations to Varsity Basketball players Mac Camardo and Jack Vaselaney on being named to the Northwest All-Area Team! Congratulations to Caleb Mayhorn and Tom Trieb on being named Honorable Mention to the Northwest All-Area Team.
- Members of the Boys Gymnastics team volunteered at the Special Olympics gymnastics meet on Sunday. Nice work gentlemen!
- Congrats to Michael Goubine on placing 2nd at frosh/soph Wrestling Sectionals and qualifying for State this weekend!
- Congratulations to Boys Track & Field on their big 2nd place finish for the Bison at our own Scarpino Invite on Saturday!
- Congratulations to Varsity Basketball player, Zach Fricke, on qualifying to advance in the 3 point shooting contest!
Junior Parent Financial Aid Night - 7:00 pm in the BGHS Theater
District 214 Dance Showcase 7:00 pm at Hersey
ComedySportz High School League 7:00 pm at FVEC (see below)
BGPA Meeting 7:00 pm Community Room
Board of Education Meeting 7:00 pm at Forest View Educational Center
2:10 pm Dismissal - Spring Break Begins
Institute Day - No School
District 214 College Fair 6:00-8:30 pm at Forest View Educational Center
Girls Fight Back 12:00-1:30 pm followed by a Community Education Self Defense class 1:30-2:30 pm at FVEC. Open to all female D214 students, female guardians, and female staff members. FREE ADMISSION to both!
Don’t Miss it!
Click here to purchase tickets to BG’s production of Les Miserables
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Girls Track & Field Triangular vs. Lake Zurich and Cary Grove
Boys Water Polo vs. Hersey
Girls Water Polo vs. Elk Grove
Boys Water Polo vs. Lindbergh
Girls Badminton Invitational
Girls Badminton Invitational
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
Attention Juniors, Seniors and Parents! Representatives from the following schools will be on campus to meet with students next week:
College Representative Visit Scheduled
Monday, March 12
4th Period: Purdue University
5th Period: University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Tuesday, March 13
4th Period: University of St. Francis
5th Period: University of Louisville
6th Period: American University of Rome
Wednesday, March 14
4th Period: Columbia College Chicago
6th Period: National Louis University
Thursday, March 15
4th Period: Harper College
5th Period: McKendree University
6th Period: George Williams College of Aurora University
BGHS in the News
Girls Basketball Northwest all-area team
The Daily Herald, March 1, 2018
Kendra Lee, Buffalo Grove: The best part about Lee's stellar season is that she still has two remaining for Bison coach Steve Kolodziej. "Her best basketball is still ahead of her," Kolodziej said. Read Story
Boys Basketball Northwest all-area team
The Daily Herald, March 1, 2018
Mac Camardo, Buffalo Grove: "Big Mac" has been a dominant force inside for the Bison the last two years. This season he averaged 12.2 points and 5.8 rebounds while keeping opponents away from the hoop on the defensive end. Read Story
Jack Vaselaney, Buffalo Grove: A four-year starter and a three-year all-conference selection, Vaselaney has been the engine that drives the Bison. He led his team with 14 points and 3 assists per game while shooting 48 percent from the floor and 85 percent from the foul line. Read Story
Dual credit classes help Buffalo Grove grad's career aspirations
D214 Ready Blog, February 20, 2018
University of Illinois freshman Deirdra Day is studying to be a financial consultant — a course motivated by her career pathway studies at Buffalo Grove High School. Day took AP classes throughout her high school years, but started her business education with an introductory course during her sophomore year as part of the Business Management and Administration Career Pathway. From there, she moved on to higher-level classes. Read Story
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the Third Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
1. What is your name? Sandy Beguin
2. What department have you/do you work in and what do you do? I am the division head for the English and Fine Arts Departments, and I teach AP literature.
3. How long have you been working at BG? This is my 10th year.
4. Where did you go to high school? I went to Lockport Township High School.
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? I love the great relationships I get to build with the students that allow me to learn with and from them. I love when they hear a poem or read a story and then jump right in to discuss it. That makes my day.
6. What is something unique about you? My youngest son is also an English teacher - literally, he teaches English to adults in South America and Vietnam. His experiences have enriched my world and most notably led me to travel to Hanoi this past June where I enjoyed spending time talking to people about their everyday lives as well as learning about the rich history and traditions of Vietnam!
7. What activities or clubs do you follow? Currently, I don't sponsor a club, though I have sponsored both Book Club and Movie Club here at BG in years past. I do enjoy spending a lot of time with our Art, Music, and Theater students at their events.