Friday Focus - 4 State Champions!!
- DECA has 4 State Champions! Rachel Sowa in Principles of Finance, Zoe Robertson in Principles of Hospitality & Tourism!, and Lauryn Lintner/Christina Ruterschmidt in Marketing Management Team Decision Making. Congratulations Champions!
Model UN competes to make a difference!
Our Model UN team represented 10 different committees in the United Nations at the LYMUN, a very big, one-day conference hosted by Lyons Township High School. About 25 schools from the Chicagoland area attend this conference. Our students were split over 10 countries from varying areas of the world including Canada, Colombia, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, and Trinidad and Tobago.The students discussed issues such as use of GMOs in less developed nations, cholera outbreak in Somalia, antibiotic resistance, and modern forms of slavery.
BG junior, John Burzawa, won the highest honor as Most Outstanding Delegate for his representation of Canada in the World Health Organization. He was able to mobilize different countries to vote on his ideas of change in the world and eventually write resolutions to enact action.
Celebrating Our Success!
- Congratulations to the BG/H/W Hockey Team on winning the 2017-18 league championship and league playoffs to move on to the State competition!
- Congratulations to 19 of our DECA students at the State competition last weekend who qualified for Nationals! Individual event results:
Principles of Finance - Rachel Sowa-1st place (state champion), Kacper Latawiec (2nd place), and Gus Shahatit (top 10 medalist); Principles of Marketing - Troy Nelson-2nd place; Principles of Hospitality & Tourism - Zoe Robertson-1st place (state champion), and Julie Roser-2nd place; Business Finance - Alfred Roberts-4th place; Business Services Marketing - Jessy Syed-2nd place; Restaurant & Food Services Management - Cody Kipley-3rd place. Team Events results: Business Law & Ethics Team Decision Making -
Feyza Baysal & Ben Morain-3rd place; Financial Services Team Decision Making - Bianca Jankiewicz & Vai Myadam-4th place; Marketing Management Team Decision Making - Lauryn Lintner & Christina Ruterschmidt-1st place (state champs), and Adrian Gaucin & Tyler Lubbat (Top 10 medalists); Sports & Entertainment Marketing Team Decision Making - Jacqueline Bickhaus & Jack Vaselaney-4th place. Virtual Business Competition results: Personal Finance -
Adrian Gaucin & Tyler Lubbat -1st place Round 2. 12 students will be traveling to compete at Nationals in Atlanta, GA (April 21-25)
- The Math Team qualified 20 students to the State math team competition in May!
- Congratulations to Diver Ben Goldberg on a fantastic state meet!! Ben finished 28th overall!
- Congratulations to Swimmer Daniel Verdico on an awesome state meet! Daniel finished 30th in the 500!
- Congratulations to our Chamber Orchestra, recognized by the DIstrict 214 Board of Education for their ILMEA State Performance!
- Congrats as well to our Vocal Jazz Ensemble also recognized by the District 214 Board of Education for their ILMEA state performance!
- Congratulations to Trevor North, Henry Allan, and Janelle Finton who were recognized by the District 214 Board of Education! Trevor North was recognized for his work in the Illinois High School Theater Festival All-State production of Big Fish. Henry Allan was recognized for being selected to the Honors All-State Choir. Janelle Finton was selected as a member of the 2017 All-National Honor Ensemble Concert Band for her exemplary trumpet skills by the National Association for Music Education (NAfME). In late November, she was recognized for this achievement and performed with the prestigious National band in Walt Disney Florida. In addition, Janelle was recognized for receiving the status of All-State Honors Jazz Band member at this year’s ILMEA conference making her one of the few D214 musicians to be recognized at the local, district, state and
national levels. Congratulations Janelle!
- Congratulations to BG Boosters president, Nancy Misch, honored by the D214 Board of Education as BG’s 2018 Distinguished Service Award recipient.
- Congratulations to all of the talented students who performed in the V-Show last weekend!
Bison Boosters’ Las Vegas Night 7:00 pm at Ditka’s Arlington Heights
Winter Sports Awards 7:00 PM
Junior Parent Financial Aid Night - 7:00 pm in the BGHS Theater
BGPA Meeting 7:00 pm Community Room
Board of Education Meeting 7:00 pm at Forest View Educational Center
1:50 pm Dismissal - Spring Break Begins
Institute Day - No School
District 214 College Fair 6:00-8:30 pm at Forest View Educational Center
Don’t Miss it!
Bison Boosters Las Vegas Night Tomorrow
The Bison Boosters are hosting their annual Las Vegas Night on Saturday, March 3, 2018 at Ditka's, 2000 West Euclid Avenue, Arlington Heights at 7:00pm. Last year's event was a near sell out, so get your tickets today at https://squareup.com/store/bghs-boosters/ and help support the 28 athletic programs of Buffalo Grove High School. Click here for more details
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Boys Basketball Regional - TBA
Boys Track & Field Meet
Winter Sports Awards
Concert/Symphonic Band Festival
Girls Water Polo vs. Barrington
Winter Orchestra and Choral Concert
Girls Track & Field vs. Lake Zurich
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the Third Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
1. What is your name? Susan Hope
2. What department have you/do you work in and what do you do? I teach Algebra and Honors Algebra II in the Math Department.
3. How long have you been working at BG? This is my sixth year at BGHS
4. Where did you go to high school? I graduated from Lake Zurich High School.
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? The parts of teaching I find most rewarding are the relationships that I build with students and the growth I get to observe and encourage throughout the year.
6. What is something unique about you? I am expecting my first baby at the end of March, a little boy. I am so excited to meet him!
7. What activities or clubs do you follow? This past year I coached Girls Cross Country and Girls Basketball, but will be stepping down to balance teaching and my new family. I am hoping to help with Math Team next year!