Friday Focus - DECA students compete at national competition!
Several students competed this past weekend at the National DECA competition. Congratulations to Zoey Robertson, Jessy Syed, Jacqueline Bickhaus, Christina Ruterschmidt, Lauryn Lintner, Alfred Roberts, Cody Kipley, Jack Vaselaney, and Troy Nelson. A special congrats to Adrian Gaucin and Tyler Lubbat on their 6th place finish in the Personal Finance Virtual Business Challenge, and Julie Roser who finished top 20 in Principles of Marketing (43,000 teams competed)!
Celebrating Our Success!
- Congratulations to the incredibly talented cast, pit orchestra, and crew of Les Mis on a hugely successful production!
- Congrats to Freshmen Boys Gymnastics on winning the Freshmen MSL conference championship! A sign of great things to come!
- Congrats to JV Boys Gymnastics for their 2nd place finish at the MSL Conference meet!
- Congrats to Class of 2018 Water Polo players celebrating Senior Night!
- Congrats to the Class of 2018 Softball players celebrating Senior Night!
- Making a difference! Our Girls Soccer program collected items to donate to Shriners Children’s Hospital
- Congratulations to the Class of 2018 Boys Track & Field students celebrating Senior Night this week!
Caps and gowns distributed during lunch periods in the Cafeteria
Prom Ticket Sales 8:00-10:00 am
BGPA Meeting 7:00 pm in the Community Room
Board of Education Meeting 7:00 pm at Forest View Educational Center
Principal’s Awards 7:00 pm
Spring Sports Awards 7:00 pm
MANDATORY graduation rehearsal 7:15 am in the gymnasium
Prom 2018 An Enchanted Evening 6:30-11:00 pm
Commencement Exercises 1:00 pm (graduates report by 12:30 pm)
Memorial Day - No School
May 30 - June 1
2nd Semester Final Exams (click here for the final exam schedule)
Attention Poe Families and Alumni!
Poe School welcomes you to join in celebrating their 50th year in the neighborhood. Please plan on stopping by their school on May 3, 2018 for the open house/tour of the building from 6:30-7:00 pm. At 7:15 they will have a short program celebrating 50 years! Light refreshments will follow. Come connect with your Poe community!
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Baseball vs. Schaumburg
Softball vs. Schaumburg
Girls Soccer vs. Wheeling
Baseball Double Header vs. Stevenson
Girls Water Polo vs. Schaumburg
Boys Tennis vs. Rolling Meadows
Boys Volleyball vs. Hersey
Spring Band Concert
Baseball vs. Wheeling
Softball vs. Hoffman Estates
Baseball vs. St. Viator
Softball vs. Wheeling
Girls Soccer vs. Palatine
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Baseball: Deeply satisfying finish for Adams, Buffalo Grove
The Daily Herald, April 20, 2018
Connor Adams likes going deep. The Buffalo Grove junior, who is also the starting quarterback on the football team, had his second strong effort in a row for the Bison baseball team. Adams went all 7 innings for Buffalo Grove on Friday. He stymied Conant, holding the Cougars to 6 hits as the Bison rallied late for a 3-1 victory in a MSL crossover game in Buffalo Grove. Read Story
District 214 students celebrate the arts during 42nd annual 'Arts Unlimited' event
Chicago Tribune, April 20, 2018
Hundreds of student actors, artists, dancers and musicians recently honored and learned more about the arts during Township High School District 214’s “Arts Unlimited” event. At the 42nd annual event in Arlington Heights, Kate Hutchinson, an author, English teacher and former fine and performing arts coordinator at Buffalo Grove High School, urged students, parents and educators to protect and nurture the fine arts in the face of what she described as “STEM fever” sweeping the nation.
Boys volleyball: It's Buffalo Grove over Wheeling, in a close one
The Daily Herald, April 24, 2018
There may not be a more closely contested boys volleyball match this season than the one Tuesday night at Wheeling. The Wildcats and visiting Buffalo Grove slugged and defended their way through 2 games that saw the score tied 32 times, and the lead changing hands 16 times. Read Story
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the Fourth Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
1. What is your name? Rick Schoffstall
2. What department have you/do you work in and what do you do? Foreign Language, Social Science, and World Languages
3. How long have you been working at BG? 23 years
4. Where did you go to high school? Fremd High School
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? Watching young people grow up to responsible educated citizens in today's ever changing culture.
6. What is something unique about you? I enjoy running, working out, and reading on the beach with Mrs. Schoffstall, and our boys.
7. What activities or clubs do you follow? I currently coach Freshmen Girls Soccer at BGHS, and I also coach boys basketball for Fremd Feeder, and AAU.