Educators Rising and Student-athletes Read to Greenbrier Elementary Students as a Part of the Read-a-thon.
BG student athletes enjoyed reading to the students of Greenbrier Elementary School last Friday as part of their Read-a-thon.
Celebrating Our Success!
- Bravo to our Orchestra students on their grand performance at the District 214/District 21 Orchestra Festival Tuesday night!
- Bravo to the Band, Choral, and Orchestra students who performed at the 40th Annual Pops Concert last weekend!
- A big shout out to the unsung heroes of our Tech Crew that work so hard behind the scenes to make our concerts a success! Thank you Jenefer Shin, Avery Weissman, Fiona DeGrazia, Kennedy Gerber, Melanie Reitman, and Melissa Gibbs.
- Congrats to Cross Country runners Luke Wenzel and Grant Wasielewski on an outstanding performance at the Sectional meet!
- Congratulations Swimmer Emilia Jedryka with a season best and a 4th place finish in the 100 backstroke at the MSL Conference Invite!
- Congratulations to Bison Swimmers Emily Schulstad, Stefanie Surdyka, Maja Pluta, and Emilia Jedryka in the 200 Free Relay with a 4th place finish and a season best at MSL Conference Invite!
- Congratulations to Swimmer Emily Schulstad with a 4th place finish and a season best time in the 500 free and a 6th place finish with a season best time in the 200 free at the MSL Conference Invite!
- Congratulations to Swimmers Emilia Jedryka, Jillian Dombroski, Gabriella Surdyka, and Stefanie Surdyka in the 200 Medley Relay with a 5th place finish and a season best time of 1:54.00 at the MSL Varsity Conference Invite!
- Congrats to sophomore Diver Gillian Karsten on taking 3rd place at the MSL Varsity Conference meet last Saturday!
8th Grade Testing Make-Up Date 8:00 am Click Here for More Info
D214 Career Nights: Engineering & Industrial Technology @ RMHS 6-8:30 pm
Padres Unidos: College 101 and All about Scholarships $$$ @WHS 6:30-8:30 pm
Board of Education Meeting at Forest View Educational Center 7:00 pm
Buffalo Grove Parent Association (BGPA) Meeting 7:00 pm in A214
Future Ready Parent Series: Successful Parenting – Raising Independent Children into Adulthood 7 to 8 p.m. at the Forest View Educational Center Click Here for Info
Non-Attendance Day - Building Closed
Thanksgiving Day - Building Closed
Non-Attendance Day - Building Closed
Click Here for a list of all BG Activities and Clubs
Click Here for a list of all Athletic Teams
Mandatory Robotics Meeting
Before OR After School, Monday, November 5
All existing and new members welcome. Please meet in D107 at 8:00 am OR 3:15 pm for a brief but important meeting concerning the upcoming season. Please see Mr. Pichik or Mr. Bott in the CTE Department for more information.
Attention Juniors, Seniors and Parents! Representatives from the following schools will be on campus to meet with students next week. Please pick up a pass from the College and Career Center to meet with a representative.
College Representative Visit Scheduled
Monday, November 5
4th Period: Aurora University
5th Period: Miami University - Oxford (OH)
6th Period: Illinois Wesleyan University
Tuesday, November 6
4th Period: Robert Morris University (IL)
5th Period: Loyola University
6th Period: Lewis University (IL)
Wednesday, November 7
5th Period: University of Wisconsin Whitewater
6th Period: Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Thursday, November 8
4th Period: Rutgers University New Brunswick (NJ)
5th Period: Columbia College Chicago
6th Period: University of Oklahoma Norman Campus (OK)
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Fall Band Concert
Fall Sports Awards
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Buffalo Grove pushes unbeaten Hononegah to the limit
The Daily Herald, October 26, 2018
ROCKTON -- Despite entering the playoffs with a 5-4 record Buffalo Grove coach Jeff Vik felt that having had a run that went to round two of last season's IHSA Class 7A playoffs would prove to be beneficial for his team. "As a whole, I feel that it's not as overwhelming because you know what to expect. It's not a brand new experience," Vik said. What was brand new for BG however was taking an 81-mile bus trip west to the Rockford area to face a Rockton Hononegah team that entered postseason play averaging 42 points a game while totaling 493 yards per outing offensively as it went through the NIC-10 Conference undefeated for a second consecutive season. Read Story
Football notebook: Season ends for Buffalo Grove, Stevenson
Chicago Tribune, October 28, 2018
Buffalo Grove football coach Jeff Vlk said he has no regrets about his decision. The No. 30-seeded Bison scored a touchdown to pull within a point of No. 3-seeded Rockton Hononegah on Friday night in a Class 7A first-round game. They could have attempted an extra point to tie the game, but Vlk elected to go for two. The coach made his decision known to the offense before the final touchdown drive. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for The oneBG Podcast
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the Second Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for the Fine Arts Calendar
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
1. What is your name? Lisa Kollias
2. What department have you/do you work in? Math Department. I teach Algebra II and College Algebra.
3. How long have you been working at BG? This is my first year at BGHS.
4. Where did you go to high school? I went to Prospect High School.
5. What part of teaching at BG do you find the most rewarding? Building relationships with students and helping them grow into young adults.
6. What is something unique about you? I'm the youngest of three children of a single Mom but was the first of my family to go to college and finance it myself with scholarships and loans. Hopefully I can be an example for students with limited means that you can find a path to be successful to further your goals.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? None now being a new Mom of a six-month old. But the last ten years I coached both track and cross country.