Friday Focus: BG Gives Back 2019
Hundreds of BG students and staff participated in BG Gives Back 2019, volunteering their time on the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
- Making paracord bracelets for the troops.
- Making blankets for Project Linus.
- Writing cards for veterans and hospitalized children.
- Sorting food at Northwest Compass Food Pantry.
- Stocking BG’s comfort closet with toiletries and donations form the BG Community.
- Making a difference at community threads.
- Sharing the gift of time at Harbor Chase Memory Care!
- Using old t-shirts to make tug toys for dogs in shelters.
New Fine Arts Wing
Construction has been completed on the new Fine Arts Wing, and Band and Orchestra moved into their new homes this week.
Click HERE to see video of student reactions to the new fine arts wing
Click HERE to see our BG band students in action in the new wing
College Knowledge for Parents
A District 214 College Counseling Course
The District 214 College/Career Counselors created a website to guide parents through an understanding of the college process. The website was designed to give an overview of the college search and application process, as well as resources and information on how you can support your student throughout high school.
Celebrating Our Success!
- Congratulations to Gymnast Iskra Popova, conference Bar Medalist!
- Congrats to Gymnast Polina Medushenko, conference Floor Metalist!
- Congratulations to Gymnasts Lily Fickett, 3rd on Beam at conference! Ashley Kim finished 9th, and Emma Fickett 14th, also on Beam. Emma Fickett was also a conference medalist in the All-Around!
- Congratulations to our three 3 Vault Conference Medalists! Gymnasts Sofiya Savytska 3rd, Lily Fickett 11th and Emma Schwager 13th!
- Congratulations to our JV Gymnasts on finishing 4th at the Conference Meet!
- Congratulations to BG Varsity Coed Cheerleaders on taking second place at the Huntley Invite!
- Congrats to our Class of 2019 Swimmers and Divers celebrating Senior Night this week!
January 31/Feb 1
Parent Teacher Conferences - Thurs 1/31 5:30-8:30 pm and Fri 2/1 8:30-11:30 am
In-Service Day - Students Not in Attendance
Board of Education Meeting at Forest View Educational Center 7:00pm
President’s Day - Building Closed
Buffalo Grove Parent Association (BGPA) Meeting 7:00pm
Hispanic Family Night at Wheeling High School
End of 3rd Quarter
First Day of 4th Quarter
March 25-March 29
Classes Resume after Spring Break
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Boys Swimming & Diving vs. Rolling Meadows
Boys Basketball vs. Palatine
Choir and Orchestra Solo & Ensemble
Senior Art Show
Boys Basketball vs. Rolling Meadows
Girls Basketball vs. Rolling Meadows
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
Bisonettes Winter Dance Camp
The Comfort Closet is a service offered to any student in BG whose family is on a tight budget. Available to students FREE OF CHARGE are personal hygienic products that a family might need including: soap, shampoo, conditioner, laundry detergent, body lotion, shaving cream, body wash, face wash, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, and much more. Students are welcome to come and "shop" the closet at any time. ALL items are FREE OF CHARGE to any family in need. Students just need to see their counselor or Mrs. Smith in Math/Science to come shopping. Everything is kept completely confidential. The Comfort Closet was created through a generous grant from the District 214 Education Foundation and donations from the surrounding community and local businesses. We are THRILLED to be able to offer this as a way to eliminate some of the financial stressors at home and help our kids come to school feeling confident and ready to learn!
BGHS in the News
Great local wrestler lives on in memorial tournament in Buffalo Grove
The Daily Herald, January 19, 2019
Lindsey Durlacher, a former Buffalo Grove High School state wrestling champion, two time all-American and 2006 Greco-Roman World bronze medalist, died after an accident in 2011, but he's far from forgotten. On Saturday, the 6th-annual Lindsey Durlacher Wrestling Tournament was held at Twin Groves Middle School in Buffalo Grove, where he was a state champion in the 8th grade. Read Story
Buffalo Grove sinks Elk Grove
The Daily Herald, January 18, 2019
Freshman Kam Craft scored a game-high 25 points Friday night to lead the Buffalo Grove boys basketball team to a 65-53 Mid-Suburban League East Division win over Elk Grove. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the Third Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for The oneBG Podcast
Click Here for the Fine Arts Calendar
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
1. What is your name? Ami Relf
2. What department have you/do you work in? English: Freshmen Written and Oral Communication and Multicultural Literature
3. How long have you been working at BG? 7 years
4. Where did you go to high school? Proviso West home of the mighty Panthers
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? My students are the most rewarding! :)
6. What is something unique about you? I am an avid ole school Hip Hop enthusiast, and I am currently taking DJ lessons.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? Ebony Club