What to Expect When Your Child Turns 18
The Buffalo Grove Parent Association (BGPA) presents "What to Expect When Your Child Turns 18" on Wednesday, January 29 at 7:00 pm in the theater.
Also, please visit Dengeos on Monday, January 27 for the BGPA fundraiser. Mention BGPA for 20% of the sales to benefit the BGPA.
- Congratulations to sophomore Varsity Basketball player Kam Craft on joining the 1,000 point club! Kam scored 33 points in the game against Wheeling last night to become the fastest to 1,000 points in BG history! Kam was also recognized this week as a Daily Herald Player of the Week! This is the second time in 2 years he’s earned this honor. Congratulations on these really impressive accomplishments!
- Congratulations BG Coed Cheerleading on winning the 2020 MSL Championship! They also won back-to-back competitions last weekend at Niles West and Grayslake North.
- Our Orchesis dancers had the opportunity to perform last Saturday at Barrington High School as part of the Giordano Choreography Project!
- The Vocal Jazz & A Cappella Showcase highlighted our very talented students this week at a performance before a full house.
- Shout out to the BG Environmental Club for their work on the Coat Drive collection and distribution day last weekend. 1,522 coats were donated, 57 student & community volunteers participated, 13 collection partners assisted, and 5 nonprofits, organizations, agencies, schools, & ministries were supported!
- Our Girls Basketball team earned its 6th conference win this week against Wheeling 49-39. They remain the only team in the MSL-East that that is undefeated in conference. Next game is tonight against Prospect at home!
- Congratulations to Orchestra Director, Elizabeth Bennett, honored this week by the Village of Buffalo Grove for her Grammy finalist recognition.
- Congratulations to Gymnast Leah Oyen, the All-Around Champion at the Prospect Varsity Gymnastics Invite! She was also Vault Champion, and second on both Bars and Floor!
- Congratulations to the JV Girls Gymnastics Team on placing 2nd at the Prospect Invite!
Spring Musical Auditions January 27 & 28
Auditions for the spring musical, Once Upon a Mattress, will be on Monday, January 27 and Tuesday, January 28 from 3:30-6:00 pm in the Choral Room A136. Please see Ms. Stenzel or Ms. Wells with questions about auditions. For questions about the tech crew, please see Mr. Tschammer. Once Upon a Mattress performances will be on April 16, 17, and 18 at 7:00 pm.
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Craft hits for 33, eclipses 1,000 in Buffalo Grove's win over Wheeling
The Daily Herald, January 23, 2020
Thursday night belonged to Kam Craft and the Buffalo Grove Bison. Craft, a sophomore, scored 33 points to eclipse the 1,000 point mark for his career as Buffalo Grove beat host Wheeling 68-40 in a Mid-Suburban East boys basketball game. He now has 1,014 career points. Read Story
Buffalo Grove’s Megan Fontanetta ready for the big moment in basketball, softball
Chicago Tribune, January 19, 2020
In the waning minutes of Buffalo Grove’s 45-37 win against Glenbrook North on Saturday, Bison senior guard Megan Fontanetta hit five of six free throws to help seal the victory. Fontanetta, an Illinois Wesleyan-bound softball player, said she prides herself on coming through in the clutch, whether on the hardwood or the diamond. “If anything needs to be done down the stretch, I’m always willing to help the team, whether driving and kicking or taking the shot myself,” said Fontanetta, who lives in Arlington Heights. Read Story
Craft, Buffalo Grove take MSL East showdown with Rolling Meadows
The Daily Herald, January 17, 2020
Buffalo Grove's Kam Craft showed that he is wiser beyond his years Friday in Rolling Meadows. Craft, who is a sophomore, scored 14 points in the second quarter. With Rolling Meadows focused on stopping him, he took a step back and let his teammates go to the basket. The approach paid huge dividends as the Bison pulled away in the third quarter. That enabled Buffalo Grove (15-4, 5-0) to take over sole possession of first place in the Mid-Suburban East with an 80-70 boys basketball win over Rolling Meadows. Read Story
York's Shockey earns MVP honor
The Daily Herald, January 22, 2020
Kam Craft, Buffalo Grove: The Bison sophomore inched closer to 1,000 career points with three big games last week. After scoring 25 points in a loss to Cary-Grove, he came back with 26 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks in an 80-70 Mid-Suburban East win over Rolling Meadows. He finished the week with a 27-point output in a 68-58 win over Round Lake. Read Story
Buffalo Grove hangs on, downs Palatine for consolation title
The Daily Herald, January 20, 2020
Early afternoon games can give teams fits. Palatine and Buffalo Grove can attest to that. Buffalo Grove's boys basketball team had a huge lead, then saw it completely disappear before rallying to top the Pirates 50-47 in the consolation title game of the Lake Zurich MLK Classic Monday. Read Story
Buffalo Grove goes to 6-0 in MSL East
The Daily Herald, January 21, 2020
Buffalo Grove's girls basketball team kept its record perfect in the Mid-Suburban East with a 49-39 win at Wheeling Tuesday night. Leading the Bison (14-8, 6-0) were seniors Kendra Lee (20 points), Megan Fontanetta (9) and Macy Floro (9). Read Story
Explosive 3rd Quarters Vaults BG to MSL East Lead
Journal & Topics, January 20, 2020
Buffalo Grove boys basketball moved atop the MSL East standings at the halfway point of the conference season with an impressive 80-70 win over host Rolling Meadows, Friday, Jan. 17. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for the Third Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for the oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
2. What department have you/ do you work in? I work in the CTE department with the Little Bison program.
3. How long have you been working at BG? This is my second year at BG.
4. Where did you go to high school? I went to high school in Greeley, Colorado at Dayspring Christian Academy.
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? I love the atmosphere at BG and the sense of pride that is felt due to the high standards and achievements coming from the students and staff alike. I also am so impressed by the high school students I have the pleasure of working with, as they daily exemplify leadership and passion for their future careers. Most of all, I love the 16 Little Bison I get to spend my days with as we laugh, learn, create and explore!
6. What is something unique about you? Thanks to my amazing students, I can sing the ABC's backwards and sing "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" at "Speed 1 Million!"
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? What activities at BG do you follow? Although I am not a coach, I have been a coach's wife for 14 years. I follow Boys Volleyball, keep tabs on Boys Basketball, am now a HUGE fan of Competitive Cheerleading, and take an interest in whatever sport or club my high school student teachers are in each semester.