Congratulations to our All State ILMEA band, orchestra, and choir students! Our very own District214 Honors Orchestra was selected to perform, cellist Spencer Sadler made the All State Orchestra, and singer Olivia Clarke made the All-State Choir. Congratulations to all of these fantastic musicians!
The Bison Impact:
- Good luck to our 120 DECA students competing today in Rosemont!
- Congratulations to our Coed Cheerleaders on winning the Huntley Invite last weekend to end the regular season! They are competing at the IHSA Sectionals tomorrow at Niles West at 9:00am.
- Congratulations to conference Wrestling champions Gio Jackson at 220 and Alejandro Mejia at 152!
- Best wishes to all of our ILMEA musicians headed to State this weekend!
- Congratulations to freshman Gymnast Claudia Wojciechowski, a Conference Medalist on Bars, Floor and All-Around!
- Congratulations to BG’s a cappella group Major Detour on taking third place at the DeKalb invite last weekend. Congrats to Adam Shane who was named Best Vocal Percussionist!
- Congratulations to our Class of 2020 Girls Basketball teammates celebrating senior night this week!
- Congratulations to our Class of 2020 Boys Swimming & Diving teammates celebrating senior night this week!
- Buffalo Grove Bowlers wrap up the conference season 90-9 and clinch the MSL regular season Championship with a 9-0 victory over Barrington!
- Buffalo Grove JV Bowlers win the regular season conference championship with a solid 9-0 win over Barrington!
- Congrats to JV Gymnastics Conference Medalists Ashley Kim (Vault, Beam and All-Around) and Emily Antonetti (Bars)
- Congrats to Gymnast Leah Oyen who placed 3rd All-Around at the Varsity Conference Meet and also medaled on Bars, Beam and Floor!
- Congratulations to Gymnast Dagmara Sobolak, Varsity Conference medalist on both Bars and All-Around!
V-Show Auditions February 3-5 After School in the Band Room
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
Orchesis Show Tranquility February 6-8 7:00 pm
Tickets are $8 and will be on sale starting next week during lunch hours.
BGHS in the News
Button & Zipper partners with Buffalo Grove High School to collect, distribute coats
Fox32 Chicago, January 18, 2020 Watch Story
Buffalo Grove still cruising as Kam Craft becomes program’s fastest to 1,000 points
Chicago Tribune, January 24, 2020
The gap between Buffalo Grove's old culture and its new standard grows wider by the day. Steps were modest at first, with back-to-back seasons of 17 wins to provide some consistency. A first-round Class 4A playoff victory against Round Lake — the Bison’s first since 2008 — marked another step last season. Now, Buffalo Grove (18-4, 6-0 Mid-Suburban East) is aiming for a conference title and a much deeper playoff run. Players like Kam Craft represent the program’s potential. In Thursday’s 68-40 victory at Wheeling, Craft scored 33 points and became the fastest player in program history to reach 1,000 points. Read Story
Kam Craft Joins BG’s 1,000 Point Club
Journal & Topics, January 24, 2020
Buffalo Grove boys basketball used a 23-6 run in the second quarter to turn a close game into a blowout, defeating host Wheeling 68-40 Thursday, Jan. 23. Buffalo Grove sophomore Kam Craft joined elite company, becoming the ninth Bison player to score 1,000 career points. Craft scored a game-high 33 points, including 18 in the second quarter, to lead the Bison over the Wildcats. Craft’s 33 points are the second highest total in a game in his career. Read Story
Cole sparks Buffalo Grove past Hersey
The Daily Herald, January 30, 2020
Buffalo Grove's Alex Cole could easily qualify for the title of Mr. Consistency. Cole scored 15 points, had 7 rebounds and two steals in the Bison's 75-44 boys basketball win at Hersey's Ken Carter gym Thursday night. It was a typical game for the 6 foot-4 senior. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for the Third Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for the oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
2. What department do you teach in/ How long have you been teaching at BG? I have been teaching for 16 years in Math/Science here at BG.
3. Where did you go to high school? Schaumburg High School
4. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? I get the most joy when my students who do not normally participate or feel they are no good at science, volunteer answers during class or earn a passing grade on an exam and see how excited they get.
5. What is something unique about you? My favorite question my students ask is “where will I ever use this in my life?” and I always have a fun answer for them! I also never get tired of answering the question “why?” by my 4, 6 and 8 year old daughters. I can also sing with my mouth closed and love to run and play soccer. Before every test/quiz for my students, I say good luck in nine different languages...english, spanish, french, german, portuguez, russian, polish, hebrew, and greek.
6. What are you currently reading, and/or do you have a favorite author or podcast? I am currently reading Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa Terkhurst.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? What activities at BG do you follow? I am a Student Council sponsor here at BGHS and love it!!!