What a treat to have guests from the Chicago School of Violin Making visit BGHS to show students how string instruments are made. The students learned so much from these experts and even got to try some of the processes themselves. A beautiful combination of music and science, as careers in music are explored.
The Bison Impact:
- Congratulations to Swimmer Alex Santiago (50 free), and Divers Ryan Dumrauf and Holden Wheeler as they compete in the IHSA Boys Swimming and Diving State Finals this weekend in Evanston.
- Congratulations to our four Boys Basketball All Conference players Matt Brunelli, Nate Cole, Kam Craft, and Tyler Kipley! And special congrats to Kam Craft MSL East Co-Player of the Year!
- Congratulations to MSL East Boys Basketball Coach of the Year, Keith Peterson!
- Congratulations to the Boys Basketball on clinching the MSL East Championship after beating Elk Grove team accomplished a feat this season that they haven’t done since 2008. They are MSL-East Champions after beating Elk Grove. Next up IHSA Regional Tuesday at Grant HS 7:00 pm.
- Congratulations to Wrestler Gio Jackson 5th in the state at 220
- Congratulations to our Math Team! The Calc team and Frosh/Soph 8 person teams placed 3rd, and the Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 teams placed 4th at the ICTM Regionals.
- Congratulations to our Orchesis dancers! Orchesis qualified for the Illinois State Dance showcase with their performance of “I’m Sorry” choreographed by senior Michelle Oku! Congrats to all of our dancers!
BG’s Got Talent V-Show 2020
TONIGHT at 7:00 pm!
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Buffalo Grove secures its place in MSL title game
The Daily Herald, February 22, 2020
All the dominoes were lined up for Buffalo Grove to win a share of its first MSL East Division title, as well as clinching a berth to play in the MSL Championship game next Wednesday if it took care of business by beating Elk Grove for a second time this season after having beat them last month at home by 41 points. Still, they would have to do it on the Grenadiers' home court against a host team that has developed a pugilistic spirit, that according to senior forward Jordan Miller, has his teammates vowing to fight any foe "until the last minute on the clock." Read Story
Scouting the MSL championship game: Buffalo Grove at Schaumburg
The Daily Herald, February 26, 2020
Buffalo Grove's key players: The Bison are led by 6-foot-4 sophomore guard Kam Craft, a threat from anywhere on the floor. Craft is averaging 24 points and 9.5 rebounds per game and exploded for a 46-point outburst in a double-overtime game against Rolling Meadows earlier this season. "Kam has been unbelievable," Buffalo Grove coach Keith Peterson said. "Before the season, we talked with him about how many more steps he could take after such a good freshman year. He's taken every single one of those steps in every aspect of his game. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for the Third Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for the oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
1. What is your name? Pete Eriksson
2. What department do you teach in/ How long have you been teaching at BG? I teach in the English department. I have been at BG for 12 Years.
3. Where did you go to high school? I went to Maine South.
4. What part of teaching do you find the most rewarding? Helping kids turn their lights onI
5. What is something unique about you? I am learning the ways of Buddhism and have found much peace in meditation.
6. What are you currently reading, and/or do you have a favorite author or podcast? I am currently reading Marcel Proust's Guermante's Way.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? I help out with the Gender-Sexuality Alliance, and I teach the SAT prep course.