Staff steps up to connect mock interviews of our Personal Finance students, reinforcing disciplinary literacy skills of speaking and listening.
The Bison Impact:
- Congratulations to Basketball player, Kendra Lee, named MSL East Player of the Year!
- Congrats Basketball players Kendra Lee, Kora Kipley & Macy Floro, named MSL All-Conference.
- Congratulations to our Coed Cheerleaders on placing 4th in State!
- Congrats to our Winter Guard for placing first in their class and round at Naperville Central last weekend!
- Congratulations to our talented dancers on the successful Orchesis performances last weekend!
- Shout out to the amazing Tech Crew that made the Orchesis show possible!
- Congratulations to the Scholastic Bowl team! They finished 9-1 this week in the MSL East and clinched the championship title at both the JV and Varsity levels yet again!
- Congratulations to the Bowling team on winning Regionals and advancing to Sectionals at Zion-Benton Sunset Lanes this weekend!
- Congratulations to our Class of 2020 Coed Cheerleaders celebrating Senior Night this week!
- Congratulations to our Class of 2020 Poms celebrating Senior Night this week!
- Basketball senior Matt Brunelli has been selected as one of the 16 finalists for the National 3 Point Contest. If he wins the fan vote, he would go to the Final Four to shoot in the National Competition. Be sure to vote! Spread the word! You can vote once each day. CLICK HERE to VOTE for Matt!
- Congratulations to the Speech Team advancing to Sectionals this Saturday! Your BGHS Speech Sectionals competitors are seniors Allie Zyck, Nolan Son, and Kelly Duong, and juniors Anjali Subash and Hannah Greenspan.
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Girls bowling: Buffalo Grove, Schaumburg's Frick claim regional titles
The Daily Herald, February 8, 2020
Buffalo Grove followed up last week's Mid-Suburban League championship with a team win at Saturday's regional. The Bison (5,429 pinfall) will now advance to the Z-B sectional in Waukegan, as will runner-up Conant (5.350), third place Hersey (5,111) and fourth place Vernon Hills (5.078).Rebecca Howard (1,230, third place) and Sara Clay (1,213, fifth) led the way for BG. Read Story
Zori Angelova takes care of business for Buffalo Grove
Chicago Tribune, February 8, 2020
Zori Angelova likes to maintain a busy schedule. The Buffalo Grove senior forward is involved in far more than just basketball and her schoolwork. Angelova, who was born in Bulgaria, participates in numerous clubs and committees in addition to her time on the court and in the classroom. She led the Buffalo Grove business club to a regional championship on Jan. 31. Later than evening, Angelova helped lead the Bison to a road victory against Elk Grove. Angelova also participates on the school’s wellness committee, called Harbor. Read Story
Former Buffalo Grove star Compobasso Mattix headed to IBCA Hall of Fame
The Daily Herald, February 10, 2020
Cherise Compobasso Mattix is the all-time leading rebounder for Buffalo Grove's girls basketball program. And now, you can put it on the board. She is a hall of famer. Mattix has been selected into the Illinois Basketball Coaches Hall of Fame and will be inducted on May 2 at Illinois State's Redbird Arena in Normal. Mattix played at Buffalo Grove for hall of fame coach Tom Dineen from 1992-96. Read Story
Buffalo Grove rolls by Glenbard North
The Daily Herald, February 11, 2020
Buffalo Grove looked recovered from its marathon. The Bison, who dropped a tough, high-scoring double overtime game to Rolling Meadows last Friday, put the pieces back together Tuesday. Buffalo Grove had 12 different players score in a convincing 67-46 nonconference win over Glenbard North. Read Story
Buffalo Grove's Brunelli finalist in national 3-point contest
The Daily Herald, February 12, 2020
American Family Insurance and Intersport announced this week that the final contestants in its high school slam dunk and 3-point championships will be determined by a public online voting contest. Buffalo Grove senior guard Matt Brunelli is a candidate to compete in the dunk contest. Read Story Click HERE to Vote!
Looking for More?
Click Here for the Third Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for the oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
1. What is your name? Kim Gach
2. What department do you teach in/ How long have you been teaching at BG? This is my 26th year in the district with 17 of them being here at BG. Currently, I am split between the special education and English departments.
3. Where did you go to high school? I graduated from Prospect High School.
4. What part of teaching do you find the most rewarding? The best part of teaching is when a student realizes they do like reading; they just never read the right book before. It makes my day when a student can't wait to fill me in on what is happening in their independent reading book!
5. What is something unique about you? I spent my early years as a competitive swimmer at the local pool and Prospect High School. Working my way up from a daily pool patron to a lifeguard and pool manager, which gave me an "It's a Wonderful Life" moment. Two little girls drifted by the end of the pier I happened to be sitting on to enjoy the sunset, one desperately trying to hold the other one's face above the water. Nothing like putting all that water rescue training to use while wearing a dress!
6. What are you currently reading, and/ or do you have a favorite author or podcast? I am currently reading A Thousand Splendid Suns with my students and Thunderhead on my own. My favorite podcast is Ologies. Every episode is an interview with a different type of -ologist. It is so interesting! I love to learn and discover new things.