LAST CHANCE - Picture Day(s) Reminder
Photographers from LifeTouch will be at BGHS next week to take underclass portraits for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors, which will be used for this year's yearbook. The process will be very quick, but we need to control the number of students getting photographed. Check your email for more details. Sign up for a 15 minute time slot using this link CLICK HERE.
We are offering sign-up slots for the following dates and times in 15 minute intervals:
Monday, November 9th - 8:00am-6:30pm
Tuesday, November 10th - 8:00am-6:30pm
Wednesday, November 11th - 8:00am-6:30pm
Students attending "in-person learning" at BG, DO NOT NEED TO SIGN UP FOR A SLOT. These students will simply stop by the Community Room during a free moment of their day to take his/her picture.
Parents interested in purchasing a photograph package from our photography company Lifetouch, may only do so electronically. No in-person cash or checks may be processed the day of your appointment. CLICK HERE for information on ordering.
The Bison Impact:
Congratulations to Model UN Team on winning Best Small Delegation at the CSMUN Conference. Congratulations to sophomore Holden Wheeler on winning Most Outstanding Delegate, and to junior Zach Duvel, who won Best Delegate in the European Union. Interested in joining the Model UN Team? Contact Ms. Jeanne Shin-Cooper.
Attention Seniors and Parents!
Virtual College Visits for Seniors
The District 214 Post-Secondary Counselors are offering virtual college representative visits for seniors. The representatives available next week are listed on the schedule below. Students check your email, or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com in the College & Career Center for the Zoom links if you are interested in attending any of these sessions.
BGHS Virtual Book Club November 10 3:30 pm
You are cordially invited to join the BGHS Virtual Book Club. Please email our Library Media Specialist, Kim Miklusak, at firstname.lastname@example.org for the link to join the zoom.
1. What is your name? Stephanie Stallman
2. What department do you teach in/ How long have you been teaching at BG? I have been a teacher for 14 years but this is my first here at BG! I'm excited to be part of the Special Education team as well as co-teaching US History.
3. Where did you go to high school? I graduated from Winnebago High School in 2003 - it's a small town outside of Rockford
4. What part of teaching do you find the most rewarding? Building connections with students and developing engaging lessons based upon their interests is what makes teaching such a wonderful career. I have always loved teaching history and nothing beats the feeling when students are inspired by a topic.
5. What new thing have you learned this year teaching remotely? A true bright spot amidst this unique school year is the way the situation has challenged me to move outside of my comfort zone with technology. I have learned about so many new resources and feel as though despite the challenges of remote learning, I am still able to create student-centered lessons by utilizing a variety of apps and online tools.
6. What are you currently reading, and/ or do you have a favorite author or podcast? My husband and I have a 4 year old daughter (Catherine) and a 2 year old son (Ian), so most of our reading consists of bedtime stories! I do love historical fiction though and am currently reading "The Last Kingdom" by Bernard Cornwell. There is a Netflix series based upon the books and it is helping fill the Game of Thrones void!
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? Throughout my teaching career I have coached volleyball, quiz bowl (academic team), and sponsored video game club. I am looking forward to getting involved in activities at BG as we keep on figuring out how everything will work.
8. What is something unique about you? My cousins and I all play in a family band (with me on the clarient). We all played in high school, but now we only play once a year at Christmas and we are terrible. But our audience is only our grandma, so she continues to be a hardcore fan.
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
Tracks-Giving Walk-a-thon Event
Saturday, November 7 5-9:30 pm
BGHS in the News
Buffalo Grove Music Teacher Honored As Grammy National Semifinalist, Again
Journal-Topics, October 29, 2020
For the second consecutive year, Buffalo Grove High School Director of Orchestras Elizabeth Bennett has been named among 25 national semifinalists for the Grammy Music Educator Award. This award recognizes educators who have made a significant and lasting contribution to music education and demonstrate a commitment to the broader cause of maintaining music education in the schools. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for the New Block Schedule
Click Here for the Blue & Orange Day Calendar
Click Here for the D214 School Calendars
Click Here for the 2nd Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for the oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
Click Here for the BGPA Bison Spiritwear online store