Earlier this week, we had the pleasure of inducting 130 students into the National Honor Society. The event was hosted outdoors in our Stadium, allowing for more people to attend and for families to properly social distance.
The Bison Impact:
Congrats to Debate Team captain Benji Wellisch on taking 2nd place Speaker and 6th place overall in his first varsity Lincoln Douglas tournament!
Congratulations to Cross Country Sectional Qualifier Maja Wegrowski! Maja ran her best race of the year, finishing 11th overall in a time 18:58!
Congratulations to Girls Swimming & Diving on All-Conference 3rd place overall finish in the MSL: Gillian Karsten - 5th for Diving; Sydney Logan - 6th for 200 Freestyle; Gianna Gagliano - 5th for 200 IM, 2nd for 100 Breaststroke; Stefanie Surdyka - 2nd for 50 Freestyle, 2nd for 100 Freestyle; Jillian Dombroski - 3rd for 100 Butterfly; Emilia Jedryka - 3rd for 100 Backstroke; Reese Frighetto - 5th for 100m Backstroke; Victoria Surdyka - 4th for 100 Breaststroke.
Congratulations to our Girls Swimming & Diving team on a 3rd place overall at the IHSA Sectional at Stevenson!
Congratulations to Diver Gillian Karsten on 6th place at Sectionals.
Congratulations Swimmer Emilia Jedryka - 3rd in 200 Freestyle, 3rd in 100 Freestyle (state time), 2nd in 100 Backstroke (state time).
Congratulations to Swimmer Jillian Dombroski - 4th in 200 IM, 5th in 100 Butterfly
Congratulations to Swimmer Stefanie Surdyka - 4th in 50 Freestyle, 4th in 100 Freestyle
Congratulations to Swimmer Gabriela Surdyka - 5th in 50 Freestyle, 6th in 100 Butterfly.
Congratulations to Swimmer Victoria Surdyka - 4th in 100 Breaststroke
Congratulations to Swimmer Gianna Gagliano - 6th in 100 Breaststroke
A huge shout out to the BGTV crew of the first ever live stream from Grant Blaney Stadium! The BGTV crew of Neko Heinrich, Khushi Gandhi, Jesse Leon, and Mikayla Kim live streamed the NHS induction ceremony last Sunday.
Attention Seniors and Parents!
Virtual College Visits for Seniors
The District 214 Post-Secondary Counselors are offering virtual college representative visits for seniors. The representatives available next week are listed on the schedule below. Students check your email, or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com in the College & Career Center for the Zoom links if you are interested in attending any of these sessions.
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
1. What is your name? Clint Peterson
2. What department do you teach in/ How long have you been teaching at BG? I teach in Special Education and have been at BG for almost 15 years.
3. Where did you go to high school? I went to Palatine High School and graduated in 2000.
4. What part of teaching do you find the most rewarding? The most rewarding part of teaching to me is seeing the growth our students make over the course of their high school careers. To see them walk in as kids and watch them grow to young adults is honestly the best part of my job.
5. What new thing have you learned this year teaching remotely? I’ve drastically improved my computer skills, and I’ve learned a whole new appreciation for social interaction. Just like everyone else I am ready for life to return to normal and have been so impressed with our students and staff and our ability to work together in these times.
6. What are you currently reading, and/ or do you have a favorite author or podcast? I am an avid reader. Mainly fiction. Stephen King is my favorite author. The last book I read was Sleeping Beauties. I also am a massive comic fan, and seeing them basically take over Hollywood has been fun. Now more people need to go read the source! Haha
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? I coach Girls Basketball and Girls Volleyball.
8. What is something unique about you? My love of comics is unique about me. I have over 10,000 issues and countless hardcover graphic novels and tons of original art.
Tracks-Giving Walk-a-thon Event
Saturday, November 7 5-9:30 pm
Looking for More?
Click Here for the New Block Schedule
Click Here for the Blue & Orange Day Calendar
Click Here for the D214 School Calendars
Click Here for the 2nd Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for the oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
Click Here for the BGPA Bison Spiritwear online store