Friday Focus -
We had a lot of fun this homecoming week, with dress-up spirit days, a DJ in the cafeteria, movie night, having the homecoming court entertain us with skits and announcements, and of course the coronation ceremony this afternoon. I hope you join our alumni and students at the soccer and football games tonight (4:30 and 7:30, respectively). Enjoy a few pictures from this week.
Columbus Day – NO SCHOOL
District 214 Career Night @ Prospect High School, Health & Natural Resources, registration begins at 6:00pm
End of First Quarter
Institute Day - NO SCHOOL
District 214 Career Night @ Wheeling High School, Engineering & Industrial Technology and Business & Computers, registration begins at 6:00pm
Non-Attendance Day - NO SCHOOL
Thanksgiving - NO SCHOOL
Non-Attendance Day - NO SCHOOL
- Congratulations to Kaitlyn Ko on finishing 9th at the Cross Country Peoria Invitational last weekend. Also congrats to Natalie Lezama, Alexis Opperman, Becca Rabs, Dani Bieichman, Calissa Monk and Sarah Prommer who all set personal bests for the season. The team secured an 11th place finish with a field of 30 teams. Keep up the good work!
- Congrats to Connor Burhop for qualifying for next Monday's IHSA Boys Golf Sectional after shooting a 78 on October 6 at the Buffalo Grove Golf Course!
- New school record for the Girls Golf Team!!!! A team score of 308 at the IHSA Regional qualifies the team to go to Sectionals next week. Fight On!!
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Girls Varsity Conference Meet
Boys Varsity Soccer Crossover
Girls Varsity Volleyball vs. Wheeling
Fall Play “Taste of Sunrise” in the BGHS Theatre
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Youth is Served with Buffalo Grove golf
The Chicago Tribune October 8, 2015
Senior leadership has been overrated over the last two seasons on the Buffalo Grove girls golf team. For the second straight season, Buffalo Grove has played with just one senior in its main rotation. Read story
Buffalo Grove Clinches in MSL East
Daily Herald, October 7, 2015
Buffalo Grove will join Schaumburg for the 39th Mid-Suburban League Cup after finishing with a flourish when Drew Brauner steered in his 85th minute penalty kick at Grant Blaney Stadium to defeat Conant's boys soccer team 2-1 on Tuesday. Read story
District 214 to offer students chance at cybersecurity certification
The Chicago Tribune, October 2, 2015
Determined to prepare students for careers in the latest 21st century professions, officials at High School District 214 said they will soon give teens the chance to enroll in cybersecurity courses. Officials said the hardware-cybersecurity program of study will prepare students at the district's six high schools for careers in a field that is rapidly expanding. Read story
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
1. What is your name? Peter Duffer
2. What department do you teach in/ what courses do you teach? I teach mostly AP Economics and a section of Human Geography.
3. How long have you been teaching at BGHS? I began at BGHS in August of 1999. This is my 16th year here and 18th year teaching. I taught two years at Larkin High School in Elgin.
4. Where did you go to high school? Rolling Meadows High School, Class of 1991
5. What part of teaching do you find the most rewarding? I love the challenge of teaching college level thinking and problem solving through Micro and Macro economics. Students begin to connect pieces of their previous knowledge with the economic thinking being taught in class. I also enjoy having lunch with the BG Econ alum to hear how they've done in college.
6. What is something unique about you? I grew up loving Michael Jordan and as I've aged I know love Ben Bernanke and the ideas he brought to minimizing the impact of the Great Recession.
7. What activities or clubs to do you coach/sponsor? I'm completing my 12th year as head golf coach and I have been basketball coach since 1999 at BGHS.