Friday Focus: Congratulations to BG’s very own English and Fine Arts Division Head, Sandy Beguin, named a 2019 “Friend of the Arts” recipient at the District 214 Arts Unlimited Ceremony last night.
Celebrating Our Success!
- Congratulations to the Seniors honored at the Robert J. Hannon Senior Recognition brunch this week!
- Congrats to BG’s D214 Arts Unlimited “Art and Literary” Award winners!!
- Congratulations to our BG Journalism students on placing 4th at the IHSA Sectional. Congratulations to Allie Zyck (1st in Broadcast News), Zoey Heinrich (1st in Copy Editing), Kina Tamai (1st in Yearbook Theme Dev.), Sriman Narayanan (2nd in Newspaper Design and 2nd in Sports Writing), and Katherine Illiescu (3rd in Yearbook Caption).
- Congratulations to the Class of 2019 members of the Girls Track & Field team on celebrating Senior Night this week!
- Congratulations to our Class of 2019 Boys Water Polo players celebrating Senior Night this week!
- Congrats to Boys Volleyball as the Bison sweep Elk Grove at all levels Tuesday and Varsity moves to 5-0 in conference!
Non-Attendance Day - Building Closed
Institute Day - Students not in Attendance
Board of Education Meeting 7:00 pm at Forest View Educational Center
Prom Ticket Sales 8:00-10:30 am
Commencement Ceremonies 1:00 pm (doors open at 12:00 pm)
Memorial Day - All Buildings Closed
Final Exams periods 1, 2, 6
Final Exams periods 3, 7, 4
Final Exams periods 8, 5 - Last Day of School
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Badminton vs. Schaumburg
Baseball vs. Fremd
Boys Tennis vs. Elk Grove
Boys Tennis Varsity Meet
Baseball Double Header vs. Grayslake North
Girls Water Polo vs. Wheeling
Baseball vs. Hersey
Softball vs. Elk Grove
Boys Water Polo vs. Hersey
Girls Soccer vs. Elk Grove
10:54 am-1:26 pm
Free Flow Dance Performances during all lunch periods
Boys Volleyball vs. Wheeling
10:54 am-1:26 pm
Orchesis Dance Mini Concert during all lunch periods
Boys Gymnastics Conference Meet
Please call our Sports/Weather Hotline at (847) 718-4213 for sports status updates.
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Softball: Fontanetta, Buffalo Grove edge Prospect
The Daily Herald, April 17, 2019
In the Mid-Suburban League pitchers duel of the day, Buffalo Grove junior Megan Fontanetta blanked visiting Prospect 1-0 in Wednesday's Mid-Suburban East softball game. Fontanetta tossed a 6-hitter with 2 strikeouts while the Bison (4-5, 1-2) had 3 hits, one apiece from Hannah Young, Bailey Williams and Angelina Craig. Read Story
Artists, writers honored at Dist. 214 contest reception in Arlington Heights
The Daily Herald, April 18, 2019
Zoey Heinrich of Buffalo Grove High School took third place in the prose division, which was judged by Bill Leece, a former English and journalism teacher at Rolling Meadows High School. Read Story
Buffalo Grove Students Receive National Merit Scholarships
Patch.com, Buffalo Grove, April 17, 2019
Emilia-Maria Bondarenko of Buffalo Grove. She is a Buffalo Grove High School student and her probable career field is medicine. She received a National Merit FedEx Ground Package System, Inc. Scholarship. Read Story
More than 1,000 boxes packed 'with love' to be shipped to troops overseas
Chicago Tribune, April 14, 2019
The more than 1,200 boxes filled with snacks, toiletries and personal letters destined for troops deployed overseas are important to those who were packing them recently at Amvets in Wheeling and, organizers say, to the military members receiving them.
Looking for More?
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the Fourth Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for The oneBG Podcast
Click Here for the Fine Arts Calendar
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
1. What is your name? Kristen Prokup
2. What department have you/do you work in? I have the privilege of supporting our Special Education programs as the Division Head.
3. How long have you been working at BG? This is my fourth year at BGHS
4. Where did you go to high school? I am a proud Fremd Viking!
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? I firmly believe that our paths in life don't cross by coincidence. I learn something new from every student, staff member and family I have the opportunity to connect with. It is inspiring to hear their stories, support them in overcoming any challenges they may face and encourage them to accomplish their dreams. I went into teaching because I thought I had something to share or give back. As it turns out, I often feel I learn and grow more from my students, their families and staff than I give to them. And for that I am incredibly grateful.
6. What is something unique about you? I had the opportunity to live in Germany for 3 years after my sophomore year of college. While working and completing college, I was lucky to be able to do quite a bit of traveling. As a result, I fell more in love with meeting people from different walks of life, learning different cultures, and taking advantage of unique opportunities to experience new things. What I have learned since then is that I get those same opportunities right in my hometown and in our school community.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? Girls' gymnastics