Friday Focus: One Grove Gallery Artist’s Reception
You are cordially invited to join us to talk with artists Shirley Nannini and Candace Wark for a reception of their Wind Flow photographs currently on exhibit in the One Grove Gallery. The reception is from 6:00-7:00 pm tomorrow, Saturday, April 13th. The artists will be there to answer questions and talk about their work. One Grove Gallery is located directly in front of the BGHS Miller Theater, so why not stick around after the reception and see our spring musical, A Chorus Line!
Celebrating Our Success!
- Over 250 people took part in the 4th Quarter BG Gives Back “Seeds for Hope” event last Saturday! Thanks to all students, parents and community members who participated.
- Congratulations to Varsity Baseball (7-3, 2-0) on defeating Rolling Meadows 11-6 yesterday. Riley Rundquist, Carter Gledhill, and Connor Adams all homered for the Bison!
- Congratulations to Bison Boys Volleyball on an exciting match and battle back from a first set loss 18-25 to win 25-16 and 25-20 to win the match against Hersey and advance to 4-0 in conference!
- Congrats to our Class of 2019 Gymnasts celebrating Senior Night this week!
- We were honored to host the Diller Teen Fellows Israeli exchange students at Buffalo Grove this week!
- Congrats to Boys JV Tennis on finishing 2nd place at the Niles West Invite!!
Buffalo Grove Parent Association (BGPA) Meeting 7:00 pm
Non-Attendance Day - Building Closed
Institute Day - Students not in Attendance
Board of Education Meeting 7:00 pm at Forest View Educational Center
Prom Ticket Sales 8:00-10:30 am
Commencement Ceremonies 1:00 pm (doors open at 12:00 pm)
Memorial Day - All Buildings Closed
Final Exams periods 1, 2, 6
Final Exams periods 3, 7, 4
Final Exams periods 8, 5 - Last Day of School
Need Extra Help? Saturday School Tomorrow!
Saturday School will be open tomorrow, Saturday, 4/13, from 8:30 am to 11:00 am in the Library. Students should enter through Door #1. Saturday School is a service provided by Buffalo Grove High School to help students raise a grade, make up missing work due to absences, or just find a quiet place to complete work. A small selection of BG staff and National Honor Society tutors are available at Saturday School. Though help at the honors and AP level is not always available, Saturday School can provide an environment for collaboration, guidance, and support. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Raucci (847-718-4269) for more information or clarification. We look forward to helping your BG student!
Future Ready Parent Series
Making Good Choices: Underage Drinking
Making Good Choices: Underage Drinking – A Father's Story with presenter Douglas Pettit on Monday, April 15 from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Forest View Educational Center. Click HERE to register. To learn more about the Future Ready Parent Series, Click HERE or call 847-718-7700.
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Boys Tennis vs. Maine South
Baseball vs. Barrington
Softball vs. Fremd
Spring Musical, A Chorus Line Click HERE for Tickets
Boys Track & Field Invite
Softball vs. Grayslake Central
Spring Musical, A Chorus Line Click HERE for Tickets
Softball vs. Wheeling
Boys Tennis vs. Niles West
Boys Water Polo vs. Prospect
Badminton vs. Elk Grove
Boys Tennis vs. Barrington
Girls Track & Field Varsity Divisional Meet
Baseball vs. Prospect
Softball vs. Prospect
Girls Water Polo vs. Rolling Meadows
Girls Soccer vs. Hersey
Badminton vs. Schaumburg
Baseball vs. Fremd
Boys Tennis vs. Elk Grove
Boys Tennis Varsity Meet
Baseball vs. Grayslake North
Please call our Sports/Weather Hotline at (847) 718-4213 for sports status updates.
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
BGHS in the News
Local high school students build tiny homes to help veterans
WLS-TV Chicago, April 5, 2019
CHICAGO (WLS) -- Some Chicago suburban high school students spent the day building homes to give back to our country's veterans. Students from Buffalo Grove, John Hersey, and Rolling Meadows High Schools are building the tiny homes to help veterans in need. Watch Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the Fourth Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for The oneBG Podcast
Click Here for the Fine Arts Calendar
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
1. What is your name? Kimberly Cherf
2. What department have you/do you work in? Special Education / Instructional Career Work Training (CWT) and Instructional Math.
3. How long have you been working at BG? I'm just completing my 16th year at BGHS.
4. Where did you go to high school? I attended Morton East High School in Cicero Illinois.
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? The most rewarding part of my job is watching my students grow academically and mature into young adults. I am blessed to work for them.
6. What is something unique about you? I have never considered myself to be unique, yet a relatively new/not so mainstream hobby I have taken up is sewing. I've had a few kids in fashion classes which sparked this interest and a secondary benefit is I find myself better equipped to help them.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? Bison Grounds, a micro-business run by the CWT team is an activity I am involved in here at BGHS.