Looking for something fun to do this weekend? We are so proud of BGHS sophomore, Melanie Reitman, who will have two of her photographs featured in Perspective Gallery's Student Perspectives Show. Melanie's photographs beat out over 700 other entries to be showcased in this gallery in Evanston.
Reception is this Saturday, May 4, 2019 from 5:00-7:00 pm.
The show runs until May 26.
1310-1/2B Chicago Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201
Hours: Thursday thru Saturday 12-6 pm, Sunday 12-5 pm
Celebrating Our Success!
- We’re proud of BGHS! In the top 20 high schools in Illinois!
- Today we celebrated our District 214 Libraries winning the AASL National School Library of the Year with our Bison school community!
- Congratulations to Zoey Heinrich, our first ever State Champion in IHSA Journalism BG's history! Zoey won in Copy Editing. Congratulations also to Sriman Narayanan who placed 5th in Sports Writing!
- We are so proud of our DECA members representing our chapter at Nationals!
- Congrats to our Badminton team on winning Sectionals and heading to State!
- Congratulations to Water Polo players Andy Gontko and Carlos Salgado on being selected to the MSL All-Conference team!
- Congratulations to Water Polo players Shanelle Cadle, Cecelia Carlson, and Emma Schwager on being selected to the MSL All-Conference team!
- Congratulations to all of the District 214 Educator Prep students who participated in signing day May 1st. This teacher preparation program gives students opportunities to student teach, receive early college credit and professional development, and potentially work in northwest suburban schools after college graduation.
NJROTC Awards 7:00 pm at Wheeling High School
Prom Ticket Sales 8:00-10:00 am
Principal’s Awards Ceremony 7:30 pm
BGPA Meeting 7:00 pm
Theater Awards 7:00 pm
Deadline for seniors to pay all outstanding fees and obligations
(Seniors owing fees and obligations will not receive their graduation tickets)
Spring Sports Awards 7:00 pm
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal 7:30 am (seniors dismissed after rehearsal)
Early Dismissal for all students at 2:10 pm
Prom 6:30-11:00 pm at the Westin Itasca
Commencement Ceremonies 1:00 pm (doors open at 12:00 pm)
Memorial Day - All Buildings Closed
Final Exams periods 1, 2, 6
Final Exams periods 3, 7, 4
Final Exams periods 8, 5 - Last Day of School
Online registration for 2019-20 school year opens
D214 Future Ready Showcase
We invite you and your family to see our Career Pathways program in action at the Future Ready Showcase on Monday, May 13 from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Forest View Educational Center. You’ll gain a better understanding of all the opportunities that exist for your child.
Our Career Pathways program is designed to help students explore careers based on their interests. As part of the program, students can also earn early college credits, participate in workplace learning experiences and gain industry credentials. At the Future Ready Showcase, students from across our District will showcase the iOS apps they have programmed to the startups they have created to the the oral persuasive skills they have gained through mock trials and the architectural plans they have designed. You can learn more about this special event at FutureReadyShowcase.org.
One Grove Gallery New Exhibit
You are invited to come check out our new gallery show titled Visual Sounds, music interpretation. Our beginning Art Survey students and Little Bison preschool students both created works of art based off on music, interpreting the sounds they heard into abstract visuals images. The exhibit will be up until May 15th.
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
Softball vs. Wheeling
Girls Soccer vs. Barrington
Softball vs. Palatine
Baseball vs Elk Grove
Boys Volleyball vs. Elk Grove
Baseball vs. Wheeling
Softball vs. Hersey
Girls Water Polo Sectionals (four games)
Boys Water Polo Sectionals (four games)
Baseball vs. Hoffman Estates
Softball vs. Rolling Meadows
Girls Water Polo Sectionals
Boys Water Polo Sectionals
Girls Water Polo Sectional Finals
Baseball Double Header vs. Grant
Boys Water Polo Sectional Finals
Spring Orchestra Concert
Night of Percussion
Spring Choral Concert
Please call our Sports/Weather Hotline at (847) 718-4213 for sports status updates.
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
Student Announcements: Shh….Ap Testing in Progress
During AP testing from Monday, May 6th - Friday, May 17th, we will not be airing the video announcements throughout the school. Instead, we will only be posting them online everyday. You can Click HERE to stay caught up with the latest news. Scrolling announcements will be posted on all building televisions, as usual.
BGHS in the News
Buffalo Grove senior named national winner in composition competition
The Daily Herald, May 1, 2019
Buffalo Grove High School senior Janelle Finton was named one of six winners in the annual NextNotes High School Composition Awards. NextNotes is a national program designed to nurture the next generation of creative voices in music composition, inclusive of all musical styles. Awards encourage and recognize the creative and talented composers with mentorship, scholarship funds and a performance of their work by professional musicians. Read Story
Girls soccer: Buffalo Grove, Prospect do each other no favors with tie
The Daily Herald, April 29, 2019
With Prospect and Buffalo Grove chasing division-leading Hersey and its 5-point lead, each side knew how important it was to earn three valuable points on Monday to keep their hopes alive. However, the last thing either club could afford was a draw, and the 1 point attached to such a result, so when 100 minutes of soccer could not decide a winner it meant Hersey is this much closer to representing the Mid-Suburban East in next week's MSL Soccer Cup. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the Fourth Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for The oneBG Podcast
Click Here for the Fine Arts Calendar
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
1. What is your name? Sindi Smith
2. What department have you/do you work in? Science - I teach honors and AP biology.
3. How long have you been working at BG? This is my 25th year!
4. Where did you go to high school? I went to Fremd HS along with at least 7 others at BG. It's an invasion!
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? I'm obsessed with everything biology. I get the most enjoyment when I "convert" kids into loving it too!
6. What is something unique about you? I absolutely HATE peanut butter. Used to tell people I was allergic so they wouldn't make me try it.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? I am Science Olympiad and Graduation Sponsors (congrats, Class of 2019)!