Congratulations to Homecoming King Amar Bumanzul, Queen Kendra Lee, and the Homecoming Court: Angelina Adams, Zori Angelova, Mia Faraci, Alyssa Ramos, Frank Adams, Nathan Cole, Marcin Czaplinski, and Alan Rodriguez.
The Bison Impact:
- Congratulations to our Class of 2020 Cross Country runners celebrating Senior Night this week!
- Congratulations to Golfer Dori Lee on winning the Lake Forest Invite with a 73!
BGHS to Host Illinois State Board of Education
On Monday, October 7, BGHS is proud to host a listening and feedback session for the Illinois State Board of Education around the topic of career and technical education. It is open to the public, and students and parents are encouraged to attend the pre-tour from 4:00-4:45 pm and listening session from 5:00-7:00 pm.
AP Exam Registration Now Open!
New this year, registration for ALL AP exams is in October. Registration began on October 1, and will be open until October 22, 2019. CLICK HERE to register or go to the BGHS webpage, click on “Trending”, and then on “AP Registration”. A late fee will be applied to all registrations after October 22, 2019.
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
Attention Juniors, Seniors and Parents! Representatives from the following schools will be on campus to meet with students next week. Please pick up a pass from the College and Career Center to meet with a representative.
BGHS in the News
Luyando brothers bring football passion from Mexico to Buffalo Grove
Chicago Tribune, September 29, 2019
Growing up in central Mexico, most of Ian Luyando’s friends trended toward soccer. But football was Luyando’s passion. In fact, his quarterbacking skills were polished enough for him to earn an invitation to a 2017 Pro Football Hall of Fame Academy training camp in Canton, Ohio. That formative experience set the wheels in motion for Luyando and his family to relocate to the northwest suburbs, where Luyando would attend Buffalo Grove High School. Read Story
Arlington Heights Ford Hosts Tailgate 4 UR Team Fundraiser at Buffalo Grove High School 10/4
The Daily Herald, October 3, 2019
Arlington Heights Ford is committed to supporting local communities and has proudly supported Buffalo Grove High School for the past five years through a variety of fundraisers and donations. On Friday, Oct. 4, the Tailgate 4 UR team fundraiser will take place at Buffalo Grove High School's Homecoming game, and stands to raise up to $3,000 for the football team. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the First Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for The oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
2. What department do you work in? English and ESL Department.
3. How long have you been working at BG? This is my ninth year at BG (I think).
4. Where did you go to high school? I went to Penn Trafford High School, which is in western Pennsylvania.
5. What part of teaching do you find the most rewarding? Getting to know my students’ individual stories is one of the best parts of my job. I learn so much from them. I also love watching them master new skills over the course of the year and develop confidence as writers and thinkers.
6. What is something unique about you? I don’t know if this is unique, but I’ve been to 49 states. We just road tripped with the kids to South Dakota this summer, so I could check it off my list. Now I only have Alaska left.
7. What are you currently reading, and/or do you have a favorite author or podcast? I am currently reading Alan Gratz’s YA novel, Grenade. It’s a story that takes place in Okinawa during World War II and is told from the alternating perspectives of an American soldier and an Okinawan soldier.
8. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? My husband is required to coach at his school, so I currently don’t coach or sponsor anything after school because I’m in charge of picking up our kids and getting them to their activities. However, this summer I trained to be an indoor spin instructor and just started teaching classes really early in the morning before school and on the weekend. So that’s become one of my personal extracurriculars. I’m really loving it.