On Tuesday, October 22, District 214 Community Education will host journalists and other experts for a free panel-style conversation on the issues and people at the heart of the 2020 race for the U.S. Presidency. This is the latest event in a lecture series, and part of a continued effort to engage our parents, students and community on topics of importance at the local, state and national levels.
The nonpartisan conversation is scheduled for 7pm in the theater of the Forest View Educational Center, 2121 S. Goebbert Road in Arlington Heights. All are welcome. Students are encouraged to attend this event.
Panelists include Natasha Korecki, National Correspondent with POLITICO; John Lampinen, Senior Vice President and Editor with the Daily Herald; Michael Puente, reporter with WBEZ radio; and Andrew Levin, political science professor at Harper College. Dan Saken, a teacher at Elk Grove HS, will moderate.
Audience members will be able to submit written questions to panelists. Though the event is free, seats are limited. Register here: www.d214.org/panel
The Bison Impact:
- Good luck to Dori Lee who is competing this week at the IHSA State Boys Golf Finals! Earlier this week Dori finished with a five over par 75 at the Sectional for 4th place and a chance to win it all. Fight on!
- Congratulations on a great season, Alisa Patel and Eva Ruterschmidt, Girls Golf Sectional qualifiers! Eva will be back after an All-Conference sophomore year and Alisa finishes her stellar career as two-time Conference medalist and two-time Sectional Qualifier!
- Congratulations to our Class of 2020 Girls Cross Country runners celebrating Senior Night this week!
AP Exam Registration Deadline 10/22!
The College Board has changed registration for ALL Advanced Placement exams from February to October. Registration began on October 1, and will be open until October 22, 2019. CLICK HERE to register or go to the BGHS webpage, click on “Trending”, and then on “AP Registration”. A late fee will be applied to all registrations after October 22, 2019.
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
Attention Juniors, Seniors and Parents! Representatives from the following schools will be on campus to meet with students next week. Please pick up a pass from the College and Career Center to meet with a representative.
BGHS in the News
Girls volleyball: Buffalo Grove tops Rolling Meadows
The Daily Herald, October 12, 2019
Buffalo Grove's girls volleyball team completed a 2-3 run at the Glenbrook North tournament on Saturday by defeating Mid-Suburban East rival Rolling Meadows 25-12, 20-25, 25-12. Leading the Bison on attack were Shannon Coglianese (14 kills) and Megan Mitsunaga (10 kills). Claire Schneider handed out 16 assists while Jenna Rickman served 4 aces. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the Second Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for The oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
2. What department do you work in/ How long have you been at BG? I am in the Special Education Department. I have been working at BG for 14 years.
3. Where did you go to high school? I graduated from Wheeling High School
4. What part of working at BGHS do you find the most rewarding? The most rewarding part of working at BG is getting a “Hello” or “Smile” from the students.
5. What is something unique about you? Something unique about me, I’ll rather do the listening than talking.
6. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? I like to follow some of the activities that the students I work with are involved in.