SPRING MUSICAL . . . Tonight and Saturday!
|The Cast talks to the Senior Class about Satire in Avenue Q.|
The Buffalo Grove High School Theater Arts Program presents Avenue Q: School Edition. (Rated PG-13), will be presented in the Theater on Friday, April 17, and Saturday, April 18, at 7:30 pm.
Avenue Q: School Edition is a puppet-filled comedy that follows a group of 20-somethings seeking their purpose in big-city life. The laugh-out-loud musical tells the timeless story of a recent college grad named Princeton who moves into a shabby New York apartment all the way out on Avenue Q. He soon discovers that although the residents seem nice, it’s clear that this is not your ordinary neighborhood. Together, Princeton and his new-found friends struggle to find jobs, dates, and their ever-elusive purpose in life. Filled with gut-busting humor and a delightfully catchy score, not to mention puppets, Avenue Q: School Edition is a truly unique show that has quickly become a favorite for audiences everywhere. Tickets are available online at the door. Avenue Q: School Edition is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International. If you have any questions, please call 847-718-4071.
Post Prom Spectacular 2015!! Join your friends at Pinstripes in Northbrook. Relax and enjoy the rest of the evening with your friends playing bocce ball, bowling, listening to music, or just hanging out by the fire pits. Photo booth fun along with delicious snacks will complete your evening! Tickets will be available for $35 during Prom ticket sales at BGHS on May 9, 2015, 8:00am-10:30am in the BGHS Cafeteria. This event is sponsored and subsidized by the BGPA. Don’t forget about our safe and fun Post-Prom event!!
DISTRICT 214 CALENDAR
May 25 Memorial Day - No School
May 31 Commencement Exercises
June 5 Last Day of Classes
COLLEGE & CAREER EXPO FOR KIDS - FREE!!
For grades 4-8 and their families Saturday, April 25, 9:00am-1:00 pm, at Harper College
Student Services Information
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the coming week
April 20 Boys Tennis vs. Niles West, 4:30 pm, Tennis Courts
April 20 Boys Water Polo vs. Elk Grove, 5:45 pm, Pool
April 21 Girls Badminton vs. Rolling Meadows, 4:30 pm, Gym
April 21 Boys Track vs. Conant/Hoffman Estates, 4:30 pm, Stadium
April 22 Boys Baseball vs. Rolling Meadows, 4:30 pm, Baseball Field
April 22 Girls Water Polo vs. Prospect, 5:30 pm, Pool
April 22 Girls Soccer vs. Schaumburg, 6:00 pm, Stadium
April 23 Girls Badminton vs. Palatine, 4:45 pm, Gym
April 24 Girls Badminton Varsity Invite, 4:30 pm, Gym & Fieldhouse
April 24 Boys Baseball vs. Barrington, 4:30 pm, Baseball Field
April 24 Girls Softball vs. Elk Grove, 4:45 pm, Softball Field
April 24 Girls Water Polo vs. Barrington, 5:30 pm, Pool
April 25 Boys Tennis Bison Invite, 9:00 am, Tennis Courts
April 25 Boys Baseball vs. Evanston (DH), 10:30 am, Baseball Field
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for B.G. activities, please go to: http://il.8to18.com/buffalogrove/calendar
Daily Announcements Link
Buffalo Grove High School provides daily announcements to the students to keep them informed of current and upcoming events. To provide you with more information, the Student Announcements are now online. The announcements will be online for 10 days.
BG in the news
Buffalo Grove High School Performs Avenue Q Musical
BG Senior Katherine M. Schneider wins Scholarship
1.What is your name? Mrs. Diane Baldwin
|Mrs. Baldwin and a student enjoy their |
conversation before class
2. What department do you teach in/ what courses do you teach? Social Science Department. This year, teaching Sociology 771-772 (Full Year), Law and the Individual and Psychology 774
3. How long have you been teaching at BG? Teaching at Buffalo Grove High School since 1993, 22years +
4. Where did you go to high school? Palatine High School (Go Pirates)
5. What part of teaching to you find the most rewarding? The absolute most rewarding part of teaching is my students, Watching students grow and mature in their Senior year and guiding young people into the next phase of their lives is so important to me. As a Sociology teacher, our goal is to inspire students to see the world from many perspectives.
6. What is something unique about you? I have four boys and have finally signed up to run my first half marathon this fall.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? With my boys’ busy schedules, I have stepped aside from coaching these last few years. In year’s past, I have coached Girl’s Bowling, Girl’s Soccer, Boy’s Soccer and Girl’s Cross Country. Currently, I’m assisting with my youngest son’s Lacrosse team.