Dev Heitner presentation May 6 - Special event for parents of incoming 8th graders (and any parent who would like to attend)
BIO: Devorah Heitner, PhD, Founder and Director, specializes in providing families and educators guidance and resources that help children thrive in our increasingly digital world. She serves as a professional development resource for those seeking to cultivate a culture of responsible digital citizenship and offers strategic consulting and research for schools seeking to improve parent engagement with their technology initiatives.
On May 6th, Dev will be in our theater from 7:30 - 8:30 to talk to parents about the benefits, concerns, and partenting tips that will help navigate the high school 1:1 environment. Dev lead a workshop for our teachers this fall at the beginning of the year, and also held a meeting for parents this fall that was very well received. This spring’s focus is especially for incoming 8th grade parents, but all parents are invited!
Link to TEDx on Raising Thoughtful Kids In The Digital Age: http://bit.ly/DevoTedx
BGPA Communication and Link
Post Prom Spectacular 2015!! Join your friends at Pinstripes in Northbrook. Relax and enjoy the rest of the evening with your friends playing bocce ball, bowling, listening to music, or just hanging out by the fire pits. Photo booth fun along with delicious snacks will complete your evening! Tickets will be available for $35 during Prom ticket sales at BGHS on May 9, 2015, 8:00am-10:30am in the BGHS Cafeteria. This event is sponsored and subsidized by the BGPA. Don’t forget about our safe and fun Post-Prom event!!
DISTRICT 214 CALENDAR
May 25 Memorial Day - No School
May 31 Commencement Exercises
June 5 Last Day of Classes
Upcoming Dates/ Big Events Semester 2
COLLEGE & CAREER EXPO FOR KIDS - FREE!!
For grades 4-8 and their families Saturday, April 25, 9:00am-1:00 pm, at Harper College
EXPRESSIONS BIG SHOW!! - “40 Years With The Expressions!” Thursday, May 7 at 7:00 pm, Friday, May 8, and Saturday May 9 at 7:30 pm. Tickets available online at www.bgchoir.com
Back Those Bison - Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the coming week
April 24 Girls Badminton Varsity Invite, 4:30 pm, Gym & Fieldhouse
April 24 Boys Baseball vs. Barrington, 4:30 pm, Baseball Field
April 24 Boys Tennis vs. Niles West, 4:30 pm, Tennis Courts
April 24 Girls Softball vs. Elk Grove, 4:45 pm, Softball Field
April 24 Girls Water Polo vs. Barrington, 5:30 pm, Pool
April 25 Boys Tennis Bison Invite, 9:00 am, Tennis Courts
April 25 Boys Baseball vs. Evanston (DH), 10:30 am, Baseball Field
April 27 Boys Water Polo vs. Rolling Meadows, 5:30 pm, Pool
April 28 Boys Tennis vs. Elk Grove, 4:45 pm, Tennis Courts
April 29 Girls Softball vs. Prospect, 4:30 pm, Softball Field
April 29 Boys Baseball vs. Prospect, 4:30 pm, Baseball Field
April 29 Girls Soccer vs. Palatine, 6:00 pm, Stadium
April 30 Boys Tennis vs. Prospect, 4:30 pm, Tennis Courts
April 30 Girls Water Polo vs. Highland Park, 5:30 pm, Pool
April 30 Boys Volleyball vs. Elk Grove, 6:00 pm, Gym
May 2 Girls Softball vs. Vernon Hills (DH), 10:00 am, Softball Field
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for B.G. activities, please go to: http://il.8to18.com/buffalogrove/calendar
Daily Announcements Link
Buffalo Grove High School provides daily announcements to the students to keep them informed of current and upcoming events. To provide you with more information, the Student Announcements are now online. The announcements will be online for 10 days.
BG in the news
BG student finds her passion in music
BG modernizes school spirit
2. What department do you work in? For the past 17 years I have been the Assistant to the Principal. I have worked with 4 principals; Carter Burns, Patrice Johannes, Carol Burlinski, and currently for Jeff Wardle. Prior to coming to the Main Office, I was one of the staff members who was involved with the opening of the Center for Applied Technology/Tech Lab.
3. How long have you been working at BG? I have been at Buffalo Grove for 25 years. As I look back, I can say I have worked in every division in some way. It's been a wonderful experience and I will miss everyone at BG when I retire this June.
4. Where did you go to high school? John Hersey High School
5. What part of working at BG do you find the most rewarding? The most rewarding part of my day is making a positive difference in the lives of students and staff. I have become the 'go to' person when someone has a question, and I try to always have an answer for them.
6. What is something unique about you? After my children graduated from B.G.H.S., I returned to college and received my Bachelor's Degree. I believe it's never too late to go to college.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? Although I was never a coach or sponsor, for many years I supervised at athletic events selling tickets. There were many familiar fans that I would see at football and basketball games.