Multicultural Show Tonight 7:00 pm
Don’t miss the opportunity to see our talented students celebrating a variety of countries and cultures tonight at the Multicultural Show at 7:00 pm in the Cafeteria.
The Bison Impact:
- Model UN had a great experience at SIMUN this past Saturday. Congratulations to our Best Delegates, Andrew Cochrane and Justin Wytmar and Honorable Mention Delegates, Ariella Duvel and Mia Roque.
- The 41st Annual Pops concert was a huge success. Congratulations to all involved in ¡Celebración Cultural Hispana! Thanks to everyone who came and enjoyed & supported the work of these amazing musicians, to the volunteers who helped it run smoothly, and to our special guest Mariachi Viva Mexico!
- Congratulations to Swimmer, Stefanie Surdyka, 3rd place in the 50 yard freestyle and MSL Varsity Conference Champion in the 100 yard freestyle!
- Congratulations to 200 free relay Swimmers Gabriela Surdyka, Stefanie Surdyka, Reese Frighetto, and Emilia Jedryka on taking 2nd overall at MSL Varsity Conference meet!
- Congratulations to Swimmers, Victoria Surdyka, Samantha Menely, Sydney Logan, and Gabriela Surdyka on wrapping up the MSL Varsity Conference meet with a 6th place finish in the 400 freestyle relay.
- Congratulations to Jillian Dombroski on her 5th place finish in the 100 breaststroke at the MSL Varsity Conference meet!
- Congratulations to sophomore Emilia Jedryka on taking 5th place in the 100 back and 4th place with a season best in the 100 freestyle at the MSL Varsity Conference meet last weekend!
- Congratulations to freshman Reese Frighetto on taking 2nd place in the 50 yard freestyle at the MSL Conference meet!
Bison Academy TOMORROW!
Need extra help? A Quiet place to make up missing work and tests?
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
Attention Juniors, Seniors and Parents! Representatives from the following schools/military branches will be on campus to meet with students next week. Please pick up a pass from the College and Career Center to meet with a representative.
Click HERE for tickets to The Heidi Chronicles
BGHS in the News
Buffalo Grove orchestra teacher a semifinalist for Grammy Music Educator Award
The Daily Herald, November 5, 2019
Exactly 20 years ago, Elizabeth Bennett celebrated as her high school's groundbreaking music program won its first Grammy Signature School Award. Fast forward to this year, when Bennett herself has been named a semifinalist for the Grammy Music Educator Award for her innovative programs at Buffalo Grove High School. Read Story
Buffalo Grove, Stevenson students learn how village government works
The Daily Herald, November 5, 2019
Last week's Buffalo Grove village board meeting featured some new faces on the dais. Buffalo Grove and Stevenson high school students sat where the trustees, village clerk and village president normally sit. Meanwhile, the real trustees watched "themselves" from the audience, while Village President Beverly Sussman sat on one side of the council chambers taking copious notes. The students, under the guidance of Advanced Placement government teachers Andrew Conneen of Stevenson and Zach Crandall of Buffalo Grove High, assumed the roles of elected leaders and village staff as part of Buffalo Grove's annual Civics Forum. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the Second Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for The oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
1. What is your name? Colleen Murtagh, but my students call me señora.
2. What department do you work in/how long have you been teaching at BG? I teach Spanish in the World Language Department. I student taught at BG in the spring of 2006 and then started full time the following fall. This is my 14th year.
3. Where did you go to high school? Elk Grove High School
4. What part of working at BGHS do you find the most rewarding? When my students want to tell me all about how they spoke Spanish in the real world!
5. What is something unique about you? Both my husband and I come from large families, so we have 29 wonderful nieces and nephews.
6. What are you currently reading, and/ or do you have a favorite author or podcast? My favorite podcast is The Daily.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/sponsor? What activities at BG do you follow? I sponsor Peer Counseling and help out with Spanish Club.