Last week we honored our athletes at Fall Sports Awards. Check out the video highlights celebrating our athletes. Click HERE to watch the Fall Sports highlight video.
The Bison Impact:
- Congratulations to Alex Berg, Michael Lollino, and Brian Perez named to the Northwest Suburbs Boys Soccer All-Area Team!
- Congratulations to our BG athletes on NCAA Signing Day! Megan Fontanetta will attend Illinois Wesleyan University to play softball, and Kendra Lee will attend Lindenwood University to continue her basketball career. Fight On!
- Congratulations to Vivian Wilson and Gillian Karsten on taking 10th and 12th respectively at the Palatine Diving Invite last weekend to earn medals. Sectionals is next for these outstanding Bison!
CLICK HERE to sign up for Holiday Shopping Babysitting on December 8. Please sign up by November 29.
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
Click HERE for tickets to The Heidi Chronicles
Attention Juniors, Seniors and Parents! Representatives from the following schools/military branches will be on campus to meet with students next week. Please pick up a pass from the College and Career Center to meet with a representative.
BGHS in the News
Northwest suburbs Boys Soccer All-Area Team
The Daily Herald, November 7, 2019
Alex Berk Buffalo Grove This two-year player's talent went unrealized last year but not this season, according to BG coach Darren Llewellyn. "Alex was the unknown quantity to most opponents in that he wasn't flashy or loud in his actions but he posed a threat because of his speed, dribbling skills, high soccer IQ, tactical awareness and a tenacious style that helped him help others," Llewellyn said.
Michael Lollino Buffalo Grove Out injured for most of 2018, this first time all-MSL, all-area center back returned to become one of the best at his position. "Michael is a player who is as tough as they come, but he's disciplined, intelligent and has the ability to read the play coming forward, and anticipate an event," said BG coach Darren Llewellyn.
Brian Perez Buffalo Grove This silky smooth junior enjoyed a breakout year after a secondary role a year ago by leading the regional champion Bison in overall scoring with 13 goals and 10 assists. "Brian is a highly skilled and athletic player who was our biggest threat because he forced every opponent to be aware of his presence and had to account for his every move on the field," said BG coach Darren Llewellyn
The Northwest Suburbs' Girls Volleyball All-Area Team
The Daily Herald, November 14, 2019
Shannon Coglianese Buffalo Grove For the past two seasons, Coglianese has been one of the best offensive weapons coach Matt Priban has put on the floor. The junior outside hitter has accumulated 233 kills, a 0.228 hitting efficiency and 30 blocks. "Shannon's strong swing on the outside, competitive nature, and leadership on the court have played a large role in our team's success," Priban said. "Shannon is always ready to go on game day. Her drive and enthusiasm have helped her to improve throughout the season."
Megan Mitsunaga Buffalo Grove Going from a defensive specialist on the 2018 Mid-Suburban co-championship team to a six-rotation outside hitter this fall, Mitsunaga enjoyed a stellar junior season. "Megan's hard work and dedication to the sport have helped her take huge steps this year as a junior," said Bison coach Matt Priban, who watched Mitsunaga contribute 229 kills (0.171 hitting efficiency), 20 aces and 208 digs this fall. "She is one of the more vocal players on the court, constantly encouraging her teammates and leading by example."
Girls swimming and diving: Barrington sectional field extremely competitive
The Daily Herald, November 14, 2019
At Deerfield, Buffalo Grove, which finished third in the MSL, has talented divers Vivian Wilson and Gillian Karsten looking for state trips. Wilson is looking for her third state appearance and Karsten her second. Coach Mike McPartlin noted the Bison medley relay of Emilia Jedryka (back), Jillian Dombroski (breast), Reese Frighetto (fly) and Stefanie Surdyka (free) has a shot, as does the 200 relay of Jedryka, Gabriela Surdyka, Stefanie Surdyka and Frighetto, Jedryka in the back, Frighetto in the 50 and Stefanie Surdyka in the 50 and 100. Read Story
Looking for More?
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the Second Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for The oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
1. What is your name? Jamie Domaracki
2. What department do you work in/how long have you been teaching at BG? I teach in the PE Department. This is my 14th year of teaching at BG.
3. Where did you go to high school? I went to Joliet West HS.
4. What part of teaching do you find the most rewarding? When I see my students become aware of their own health and hearing how they make healthy lifestyle choices. Also, hearing how they encourage their friends and families to do the same.
5. What is something unique about you? I participate in workout classes that feel like adult PE classes!
6. What are you currently reading, and/ or do you have a favorite author or podcast? I enjoy reading/hearing information from thefoodbabe and drmarkhyman.
7. What activities or clubs do you coach/sponsor? What activities at BG do you follow? I sponsor the Greek Club.