Friday Focus: One Grove Gallery Exhibit
Our Day of the Dead exhibit titled "How Do You Honor the Dead?" is up and running. This show is a collaboration between the Spanish, graphic arts, and art teachers and students. Thank you to all who helped pull this together, especially the Spanish teachers and students who cut over 1,000 flowers. We will have a table up in the lunchroom this week for students and staff to add a name of a deceased loved one to a flower. You can then add it to the wall in the gallery dedicated to honoring the dead. The show will be up until Thanksgiving.
The Bison Impact:
- Congratulations to Cross Country runners Grant Wasielewski and Tyler Matsuda on qualifying for Sectionals!
- Congratulations BGHS Orchestra members participating in the District214 Honors Orchestra at their wonderful Fall Concert last Sunday!
- Congratulations to our Boys Soccer IHSA Regional Champions! The Bison defeated Barrington 2-1 to advance to the Sectional.
- Congratulations to our Bass Fishing Team members known as Team Mike (Mike Iantorno & Mike Baumeister) for taking 3rd in the SHS Fall Series Championship last Saturday!
- Congratulations to the JV Girls Swimming medley relay team on their top 6 finish at the MSL championship at Prospect last weekend.
Back Those Bison!
Varsity Home Sports and Fine Arts for the Coming Week
For underlevel and away sporting events and the most current information for BGHS activities, please go to: Buffalo Grove High School Comprehensive Calendar
Attention Juniors, Seniors and Parents! Representatives from the following schools/military branches will be on campus to meet with students next week. Please pick up a pass from the College and Career Center to meet with a representative.
Click HERE for tickets to The Heidi Chronicles
BGHS in the News
Buffalo Grove’s Anderson brothers embrace their football heritage
Chicago Tribune, October 18, 2019
Buffalo Grove junior Ayden Anderson and sophomore Trystan Anderson are following in the footsteps of a football-playing family. Their father, Lars Anderson, played tight end at Indiana, and uncles Erick Anderson and Kurt Anderson played at Michigan. Erick Anderson won the Butkus Award in 1991 as the nation’s best collegiate linebacker, and Kurt Anderson is the offensive line coach at Northwestern. Read Story
Buffalo Grove hangs on to down Elk Grove
The Daily Herald, October 25, 2019
It was a very close battle from start to finish when host Buffalo Grove faced Elk Grove Friday night in the Mid-Suburban East season finale for both football teams. The Bison trailed 17-13 in the fourth quarter. But they put together a 65-yard scoring drive before holding off a late Grenadiers' comeback attempt to capture an exciting 20-17 victory. Read Story
Boys soccer: Buffalo Grove downs Barrington to win regional crown
The Daily Herald, October 26, 2019
Seventh-seeded Buffalo Grove continued its giant killer ways with a hard-fought 2-1 victory over Barrington Saturday night at BG's Grant Blaney Stadium in a torrential rainstorm to capture its own Class 3A boys soccer regional championship. Read Story
Tim Bogar A Possible Mets Coaching Candidate
Journal & Topics, October 30, 2019
Tim Bogar, a Buffalo Grove High School alum, is a strong candidate to take over as manager of the New York Mets next season. Bogar currently is the first base coach for the Washington Nationals, who are competing in the World Series against the Houston Astros. The former Eastern Illinois University baseball player is said to be in contention for the job along with Carlos Beltran, Eduardo Perez, Derek Shelton and Luis Rojas.
Looking for More?
Click Here for BGHS’s Daily Announcements
Click Here for the Second Quarter Parent Newsletter
Click Here for BG's student newspaper, The Charger
Click Here for The oneBG Podcast
Click Here for One Grove Gallery exhibits and information
Click Here for the detailed daily BG Activity/Athletics Calendar
2. What department do you work in? Technology Department - Help Desk.
3. How long have you been at BG? This is my 7th Year at BG.
3. Where did you go to high school? I went to Maine East High School.
4. What part of working at BGHS do you find the most rewarding? I find it most rewarding when I can help a staff member or student solve a technology issue.
5. What is something unique about you? I love to read, especially mystery/suspense novels.
6. What activities or clubs do you coach/ sponsor? What activities at BG do you follow? I am not a coach or sponsor. I do pay attention to how the sports team at BG are doing, especially football.